2004 - 2008 F-150

Line-X or leave bare...then Line-X when it gets bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree! do it now.....why have it rust and get dented and scratched.....i have a few pics if you want to check out how nice it looks.....linex that is.

Old 12-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by S___U___R___F
ever seen the condition of a bed after you pull the liner off? Nasty rusted and scratched all to hell and back. I have a spray on bedliner and I love it. Not only does it keep the bed from rusting but is helps avoid dents in the bed.
Have you seen what they do to a bed before they spray it? They scratch it all to hell and back.

Bedliners in my area are $100 installed so it is almost a no brainer to get a bedliner, unless you need the no slip, like the look of a spray on liner.

There is little protection against dents with a spray on bed liner. I could pound it with a sledge hammer and dent the bed to hell, but with a plastic bedlinder you get the protection offered by the bottom ribs.

I highly recommend not spraying the bed with a do it yourself kit. It won't have a professional look and your resale value will be less than the $200/$300 you saved in the product.

There are cons to the spray on
cost
irreversible
what happens when you spill plaster, paint, glue and other crap?

At least with a bedliner you may remove the liner and spray on if you decide you like that later on and you are out $100. Or if you want to sell the truck and the plastic liner is hammered just get a new one for $100 more.

Old 12-09-2004, 03:26 PM
has anyone with a line-x had any problems cleaning spills such as grease or oil or mud

Quick Reply: Line-X or leave bare...then Line-X when it gets bad?