2004 - 2008 F-150

Third and last

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Third and last

I have read and kept up on all posts that are here, Its a sad thing that we(truck owners) have to got through this dog and pony show. Tonight I will relenquish my truck to ford again, and they will be on notice, that i will not accept it back if the vibe is not gone, I am patient, (tire balance, driveshaft) and lastly, tonight a rear-end. Will this be a complete assy, or just the gearing of the rear end?..........needless to say if its not right , they can look in the console and find the lemon law papers, I am too old and too tired to spar with a know it all service mgr, and a inept service writer...................update later
rick

Old 11-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Your type of expierence is what makes me very hesitant to buy a new Ford

I am in the market for a new truck and keep searching these threads hoping to see the problem is solved

BUT

They refuse to even acknowledge they have a design or manufacturing problem

I remember when the 2004s first were released Ford spokesman said they were going to insure that this new issue was not plagued with the quality problems the 97s were ( their words not mine )

Guess they didn't do a good enough job in all those supposed 100,000 of miles of testing

How the hell a problem of this magnitude is not found in pre issue testing is uncomprehensible and even worse how they can't find the cause after a year is even more unbelievable

Either their engineers are incompetent or Ford is LYING and the know the reason and figure it costs too much to stop the assembly lines to correct it
So they let the buyers absorb the grief

Old 11-30-2004, 08:40 AM
UncBob,

From what I see in these forums, the 05's don't have this issue, or at lease it is a whole lot less. If and when I go through a buyback I'm going to get an 05. Good luck fellow vibe member! My dealer has told me, Ford has not released the new TSB's, but will call me when he get's them. huh. Is this true?

Old 11-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by DrkShadow
UncBob,

From what I see in these forums, the 05's don't have this issue, or at lease it is a whole lot less. If and when I go through a buyback I'm going to get an 05. Good luck fellow vibe member! My dealer has told me, Ford has not released the new TSB's, but will call me when he get's them. huh. Is this true?
TRUST ME - Waiting for a phone call from Ford is like waiting for my money tree to grow in my back yard. Thats a great quote to blow you off and get ya off the lot.

phonemann - good luck to ya!~

Old 11-30-2004, 09:07 AM
I know. I'll give them 2 weeks just to humor me before I'll start my DSB papers since 4 visits and 4 tires balances really "fixed" the problem.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by UncBob
Your type of expierence is what makes me very hesitant to buy a new Ford.....
Keep in mind that Ford is in the process of putting 100s of thousands of these trucks on the road. Also keep in mind that usually only the people that have problems with them have the loudest voices. I am one of them, but my vibration problem has been fixed (new transmission). The ratio of people that have no problems to people that do have problems is very high in the no problems direction.

Old 11-30-2004, 10:25 AM
UncBob,

All new trucks will have an issue.

GMs with piston slap

Dodges with bad trannies

Toyotas with bad brakes

Nissans with bad electronics

Every full size truck has skeletons in the closet.

Deal with it. Most of us have not had these problems. They sell almost a million F-Series every year. If this vibe affects 5%, that's 50,000 trucks, so obviously you will hear more about it than a model that sells only 100,000 units a year (where 5% defect is only 5,000 units)

Trending Topics

Old 11-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by J-150
UncBob, Deal with it. Most of us have not had these problems. They sell almost a million F-Series every year. If this vibe affects 5%, that's 50,000 trucks
Ya. and the other ninehundred and fifty thousand of us just keep our mouths shut with an ear to ear ***** eatin grin...........

Old 11-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least Ford is attempting to fix the problem. Gm won't do anything about piston slap that afflicts many of their small block V8s. They insist it is harmless. How is it harmless when it kept me from considering one of their vehicles. I would not buy one used unless it was cheap enough to buy a new replacement engine as I would not want to risk getting a bad one.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by yob2kanobe
ear to ear ***** eatin grin...........

glad I'm not alone!

Old 11-30-2004, 12:51 PM
I guess I should have come on this site last week - before trading my 350 for a new 150.

This vibe thing has got me all scared, so last night and this morning - I am trying to feel every little bump and vibration - but can not seem to detect anything out of the ordinary.

However I am not likely to be a good tester, as this thing is so smooth and quiet after driving an F350 diesel for the past 4 years.

On this vibe thing.. is it easily detected? Would I know it right away ifmy truck had it?

Kirk

Old 11-30-2004, 01:47 PM
I think you'd notice it if you had our vibe. I've nicked named my truck the "Vib-a-rator".

Old 11-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't help wonder how many people with this "vibe" have ever owned pickups in the past.

These are trucks guys they will have rougher rides and vibrate on rough surfaces.

Mine surely has no vibe and it is used hard, after all it is a truck. Its hauled a 20ft. trailer loaded with dirt, Pulled mustangs to car shows, pulled trees out of the ground, been in water up to the bottom of the doors, pushed junk out of the way, pushed mud to the towhooks...run up to 135mph and is wide open every time I pull out..I mean everytime.

So don't let this vibe scare you if you want one of these trucks. :santa:

Old 11-30-2004, 04:08 PM
I agree with 04 RED LARAIT completely,

My 02 has a vibe, and I honestly cant think of a truck that I have owned that hasnt had a vibe at a certain speed on a certain freeway or road. Trucks have rough rides, my 2500HD GMC had the worst out of any of the vibes, but that was an HD. Yea the trucks are comming along to be nice riding vechicles these days, but they still are trucks, and they will ride rough. With or without the vibe Ford still makes the best truck, and I wont own anything but Ford anymore.

I'm planning on getting an 05 F-150 within a few months, and the vibe isnt going to affect my decision one bit. Ford puts out the best riding trucks on the market, and Ive had GM's, Ford's, and even a Toyota before. The skeptisim about the vibe shouldnt drive you away from the truck, but yea there is going to be a difference going from any car to any truck.

Old 11-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Re: Third and last

Originally posted by fonemann
I have read and kept up on all posts that are here, Its a sad thing that we(truck owners) have to got through this dog and pony show. Tonight I will relenquish my truck to ford again, and they will be on notice, that i will not accept it back if the vibe is not gone, I am patient, (tire balance, driveshaft) and lastly, tonight a rear-end. Will this be a complete assy, or just the gearing of the rear end?..........needless to say if its not right , they can look in the console and find the lemon law papers, I am too old and too tired to spar with a know it all service mgr, and a inept service writer...................update later
rick
Does the supercrew have a one or two piece drive shaft from the trans to the rear end?