2004 - 2008 F-150

Who has the leaky brake light, without wet seats?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has the leaky brake light, without wet seats?

Just found out that my truck has a water leak, right after a heavy rain the night before.. I went out to drive my truck yesterday, and realized the windows had some condensation on the inside... so I felt around carpet, and realized the back carpet was wet under the seats... The difference is, my seats weren't wet, and the headliner was dry to...

Has anyone had this same problem.. Pretty much all the posts I read when I did my search said that the seats would be wet, if I had the third light leak.. also, some people had wet headliners...

I need to get this fixed, but without any real signs of where the leak is coming from, I'm afraid the dealer might be too stupid to fix the problem...

Old 11-29-2004, 01:27 PM
I had the 3rd brake light leak. Sometimes I had wet seats, sometimes I didn't. Most of the times the water would run down the inside of the back glass, somehow bypassing the headliner and therefore not wetting it. I never checked under the seat, but I'm sure that was wet.

I would take it to the dealer. I am pretty sure it is the 3rd brake light and they will fix it up. They know about this problem.

BTW, I had no headliner damage.

Old 11-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks.. I'm setting an appointment with my dealer today...

Old 11-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Me too. Noticed it when I was waxing the truck before winter hits. Right now it just has a dew look in it.

Quick Reply: Who has the leaky brake light, without wet seats?