2004 - 2008 F-150

Anyone put monitors in the headrest of there 04-05 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Anyone put monitors in the headrest of there 04-05 yet?

Originally posted by picolino
We just dropped off our 04 screw at Circuit City to get done..
I'll post pics when they are done and tell you how they ran the wires..
I was just curios, I was wanting to have this done but have the heated seats... I am kinda afraid that when they pull the wires through the seat that they could damage the warmers.. Do you have heated seats? and if you do did you have to mention this to them? Thanks JMW

Old 12-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Re: Re: Re: Anyone put monitors in the headrest of there 04-05 yet?

Originally posted by jmw00
I was just curios, I was wanting to have this done but have the heated seats... I am kinda afraid that when they pull the wires through the seat that they could damage the warmers.. Do you have heated seats? and if you do did you have to mention this to them? Thanks JMW
No sorry no heated seats.
but im sure it wouldn't be a problem

Old 12-21-2004, 03:51 PM
I know they have headrests that you can buy with the monitor already installed. The problem is the only ones that I see are leather headests. That doesn't do my cloth interior any good. Has anyone seen cloth headrests for sale, or do I have to have someone cut my headrest open to install one?

Old 12-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by pawj112
I know they have headrests that you can buy with the monitor already installed. The problem is the only ones that I see are leather headests. That doesn't do my cloth interior any good. Has anyone seen cloth headrests for sale, or do I have to have someone cut my headrest open to install one?

I haven't seen any cloth ones for any car...especialy F150s. If your interested in having a pair installed I will put a set of 6" TFT screens (the screens themselves are made by Toshiba...they have RCA inputs as well as front AV inputs, ear phone jacks, and remotes) in your headrest for $400. I plan to start selling them on Ebay for F150s, H2s, Yukons and so on. If your interested email me and we can talk more about it, my email address is on the pic below!

Here is one I have to put in my F150, note the screen still has the protective film on it (that I pilled off and put back on so its kind of messed up):

Last edited by RamSS/T; 12-21-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:15 PM
i just installed the kenwood ddx-7015 and that unit is awsome , the picture is perfect . Next comes the monitors whats the biggest size that i can run in the back ? thanks for the help and what r some good monitors as well .
Travis

Old 12-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by 2004on35s
i just installed the kenwood ddx-7015 and that unit is awsome , the picture is perfect . Next comes the monitors whats the biggest size that i can run in the back ? thanks for the help and what r some good monitors as well .
Travis
The one above is a 6", a 7 or 7.2 is too big. If you can find a 6.5 they might work. Just make sure you get the dimensions of the shroud (not just the monitor) before ordering then measure your headrests and make sure there is room.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:31 AM
Re: Re: Re: Anyone put monitors in the headrest of there 04-05 yet?

Got the truck back lant night from Circuit City Heres a quick shot of the headrest. The installation was perfect and the sound is good coming out of the stock stereo system and out of the wireless headphones
niiiice!!

you a ludacris lookin motha fka!

Old 12-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Our reasons for the monitors are the kids gotta keep them occupied on long trips
LOL.

I wonder how we got by all those years on all those long trips without needing a TV to amuse us?

Old 12-23-2004, 11:20 AM
COOL . Thanks for the help . i will start my search , i watched dezert people 2 last night on it ( prerunner/trophy truck video ect. ) and it was awsome i couldnt see myself ever going back to just a cd player ! ! !

Old 12-26-2004, 08:39 PM
markc,

Might not have to hear, are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? so much with those

Anyone have any detailed instructions on how to install these yourself? Hate to trash a headrest or pay too much to have them installed. The LCD's themselves are fairly low priced.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
Question, why do you have monitors in your truck? No offense but I don't see a point in monitor in the truck, just one more thing to go wrong. + you can't watch it yourself unless you have a monitor in the steering wheel, I've seen this done before.
Oh boy, DON'T go there...Ladies, back me up here...I had to convince my husband that my 04 Screw NEEDED video, and was relentless, all to no avail.

However, the tide turned on December 24, 2004 when we drove on a 3 hr trip to Grandma's house, with a 2 yr old, a 3 yr old, and a 7 yr old in the back seat.

So "WHY do you have monitors in your truck" is because some of us ditched our SUV's for really ROCKIN' f150's

Cm' on...show us Texas Moms some LOVE! Everyone knows Texans luv their trucks! Screamin' toddlers just RUIN the entire effect!!!

Old 01-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hz-n-Hrz
Oh boy, DON'T go there...Ladies, back me up here...I had to convince my husband that my 04 Screw NEEDED video, and was relentless, all to no avail.

However, the tide turned on December 24, 2004 when we drove on a 3 hr trip to Grandma's house, with a 2 yr old, a 3 yr old, and a 7 yr old in the back seat.

So "WHY do you have monitors in your truck" is because some of us ditched our SUV's for really ROCKIN' f150's

Cm' on...show us Texas Moms some LOVE! Everyone knows Texans luv their trucks! Screamin' toddlers just RUIN the entire effect!!!
Way to resurrect a year old thread...by I do love ya!

Old 01-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey Ram, did you ever get those headrests going? I was thinking about adding two monitors w/ a in dash monitor. What is a good setup for a decent price for that. I'm only interested in changing the H/U and monitors right now, no subs or amps and no need for a nav unit.
thanks for any info in advance.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:32 PM
This is on my to-do list as well. Just got back from a 15 hour each way trip with my 6 year old son.. and let me say, I'll never do it again without monitors installed.

Old 01-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Budha05STX
Hey Ram, did you ever get those headrests going? I was thinking about adding two monitors w/ a in dash monitor. What is a good setup for a decent price for that. I'm only interested in changing the H/U and monitors right now, no subs or amps and no need for a nav unit.
thanks for any info in advance.
Yeah, I have done several for people on the board. If your interested in them email me and we can discuss a price and all....ramsst1997@hotmail.com

If you shop around a little you should be able to get an indash screen and monitors in both headrests for around $1250.

Quick Reply: Anyone put monitors in the headrest of there 04-05 yet?