2004 - 2008 F-150

This might help some of you with vibe

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This might help some of you with vibe

I was setting the rear end in my project car the other day, when a thought occurred to me. I was adjusting the pinion angle and I thought about all of my fellow F150 owners and the vibe problem some are having.

Has anybody thought to have the pinion angle checked on these trucks? I ask this because if it is out by as little as 1/2 degree, when the driveshaft gets up to speed this will cause alot of vibration. Correct pinion angle is somewhere in the area of 2-3 degrees, depending on the vehicle. Incorrect pinion angle will put the U joints in a bind, and will cause the problems alot of you are having. Mass production being what it is, it is possible that the pinion angle was incorrectly set from the factory.

This might be an avenue worth investigating, seeing as there has yet to be a positive fix for this problem.

Just a thought that I hope might help some of you resolve this issue.

Old 11-28-2004, 08:53 PM
I had the pinion angle adjusted by the dealer and a Ford FSE. That didn't work. When I started the TSB process this was one of the very first things that the dealership and Ford wanted to try.

Ron

Old 11-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Okay, this was something I thought I would bring up since I had'nt seen it mentioned in any of the threads.

Old 11-29-2004, 10:22 AM
i wonder if anyone has checked there driveshaft for balance? I seriously doubt that could be the case, but worth a shot.

Old 11-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by FATHERFORD
i wonder if anyone has checked there driveshaft for balance? I seriously doubt that could be the case, but worth a shot.
driveshaft has benn reolaced on my truck. still has the vibe

Old 11-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Seems to be various issues causing it. One person mentioned he took his rig to a driveline shop and they said it was 1.5" too short? Ford wouldn't touch it since he had it lifted supposedly so he had it replaced. Problem fixed. I'd like to see the details of these new TSB's and their #'s if there out yet.

Quick Reply: This might help some of you with vibe