2004 - 2008 F-150

Decided to ORDER my 05 Screw, how does this sound? Need opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decided to ORDER my 05 Screw, how does this sound? Need opinions.

2005 Lariat black with black leather 40/20/40. I'm getting the 3:73 gears, towpackage, power moonroof, power rear window, power driver passenger heated seat package memory settings, mirror package with the blinkers and heat, 6 disc audiophile, adjustable pedals, and top tire package.

All this on the dealer d plan comes to 33750, UNBELIEVABLE!

First I wanted an FX4 but after checking out all the options and being in one I don't think its all that special. I also feel that the options that I can get in a Lariat make it a bit more luxury looking on the inside. I also thought I wanted the floor shifter but it's pointless in my opinion. It takes up a whole extra seat and just seems like a big piece of plastic that's in the way.

However I'm not 100 percent set yet. My biggest dilemmas are on the moonroof the stereo and the floor shifter. The moonroof just seems cool and I figure why the hell not. Anyone have an opinion for or against it or actual experience about them being a waste or breaking. As for the floor shifter can anyone sway me back to getting it or opting to stick with my current decision of scraping that idea? Finally the stereo I figure isn't worth it if I plan to get an indash dvd player touch screen. I can save money in these three areas if I opt to not get them. I can save 500 on the stereo to go towards an indash. The floor shifter would cost me more, and deleting the moonroof is a 850 dollar savings.

Aftermarket items that I'm getting. 6" fabtech unless someone can tell me a better lift company or price. I think I'm needing 37" Toyo M/T's with 17" rims leaning towards bullet hole style. Also needing black anodized bead lockers black anodized billet grille and black *** tint. I will of course be having the 4x4 stickers removed from the bed. Basically one badass black lifted Screw.

Any ideas or areas for changes suggestions?

Old 11-27-2004, 01:18 AM
If anyone can steer me to websites that would be a good place to price out some of the aftermarket stuff I'd appreciate it. Also I'm looking for pictures of a truck similar to what I've described. It would be so much easier if I could see what I'm hoping it will look like but then again that's sort of the idea of custom no one else has quite what I want.

Old 11-27-2004, 03:01 AM
Sounds like a great plan. I love my moonroof and it works great. With all 5 windows open and the moonroof open it's like having a convertable. The shifter is just an appearance thing. Get it if you like the way it looks and don't need the extra seat. I also agree, spend as little as possible on the stereo if you are planning on going aftermarket. If the aftermarket is a few years down the road it might be worth springing for the audiophile while you wait because it isn't all that expensive of an option (at least it wasn't on my 04). As far as aftermarket companies, try National tire and wheel for you wheels, tires, and lift. If you call them the prices are usually a little lower than what's on their website. You might also need a body lift to run 37's. There is plenty of info on here about the 6" Fabtech, 6" Procomp, and 4" Rancho (which actually lifts the truck closer to 6") lift kits and everyone seems happy with all of them. I believe the Procomp is the cheapest. Good luck!

Old 11-27-2004, 03:40 AM
couple things i noticed. First if your going with audiophile make sure it has the mp3 option. Second, you said you putting 37 inch tires on it. Be aware thats gonna require a gear swap of something like a 4:56 and if your getting 4x4 thats gonna be pricey. Dont bother with the top tire package if you can help it as your not going to keep those either. Floor shifter just looks cool. It was a requirement for my truck, looks more sporty(used to my sporty cars). I can say that it does take up some space but the 4 cupholders are in a good spot. I went with the fx4 over the lariat because of the interior and color option(no drk shadow in lariat). Im not a fan of the cheesy woodgrain they put in the lariat or most trucks for that matter. Moon/sun roof option is blah. They leak warm air through the glass in winter and provide another baking point for the sun in the summer, damn sun hits you in the eyes from above, blah. Course you could just close it up but then that defeats the purpose of having it in the first place. Another potential leakpoint if the seals go bad as well.

Old 11-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Well you just took all the words I was going to say...I think they are all good points you made vvyk3d...

Old 11-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Vortechsaleen posted a pic of the exact truck yesterday.

Old 11-27-2004, 01:39 PM
I looked at the center shifter but after test driving one, I decided I did NOT like it because it takes up so much room. I didn't get the moon roof because I would not use it. My wife has one in her van but it gets used little by me. I could not justify the 800.00 option. I didn't get the 4x4 because of the same reason; I could not justify the 3000.00 cost just to use it a few times. I wished I would have upgraded to the better stereo but I am looking at the 7015 as a replacement.

I love my 04 Lariat SCab.

Kevin

Trending Topics

Old 11-27-2004, 02:52 PM
I agree with vvyk3d. additionally I would delete the stupid adjustable pedals thing. I have that and what a waste of $ It gets left in the full down position regardless of if I (6'2") or my wife (5' 2") drive it. Does anyone else here really use this option?
Also GET the 4x4...........you live in Utah right?

Old 11-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Since summer ended, I've been using the sunroof all the time. Of course it's sunny and 70 most every day.

I'll admit I just skimmed this post so if anyone already brought this up, I'm sorry...The one thing I would get if I could do it over again is the bigger gas tank (is that an option for Screws?). It's a fairly cheap option (at least in '04) and I think the convenience would be well worth it.

Old 11-27-2004, 04:37 PM
what about RSS a good safety item

Old 11-27-2004, 05:03 PM
I bought a Lariat earlier this year. With most of the options you have.

Just my opinion,

Get the center console shifter. I like it alot...

Get the moonroof. I wnted one but they didnt have a Lariat 4x4 with moonroof and I was pressed for time to get my car. I would have ordered one if not for my time issue.

And get the Audiophile. I can not speak to how they sound but I will say that I didnt even know the sysem existed till I came on this site. My dealer didnt mention it and with my time issue I didnt research the options enough. So now I REALLY want a sub. I am basically forced to get a JL Stealthbox and find spots for amps. I will also have to get an indash dvd player with navigation since I dont want to monkey with running line level inputs for sub. I could have saved longer to buy all the items I really wanted if I would have already had the sub. But now I will be spending the money sooner just to get the system sounding the way I want.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-27-2004, 06:29 PM
You have to like the inside of the truck, go to the dealer and get one of each side by side and compare them then open the doors and see which one you like.

I got the moonroof because the 2002 didn't have one because when I went to the dealer it was 98 in Tampa. When he opened it bam the sun was baking me.

I have one now and love it. Get the audiophile unless you are going to upgrade with an aftermarket right away.

I had a chance to get an '05 KR and loaded it didn't want any regrets after 6 months or so.

Old 11-27-2004, 09:52 PM
yob2kanobe,

That is an AWESOME setup!!!!

Did you set that up or dealer prior to sale?

If u? How much? and who?

Old 11-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Well I searched for a couple months finding mine. I had to have black leather and wanted captians chairs for the center console. I like the storage of the console. I would like the extra seat too, but would rather have storage which I think these trucks suck on. I also was looking for a Lariat first, then saw I could get the same options with the FX4 and I HATE the woodgrain. So it was FX4 for me. I got the sunroof, wanted a flipdown DVD but couldn't find an '04 with one so I decided to get the one with the sunroof. Glad I did, It's pretty cool. Now wife and I both have sunroofs (my FX4 screw, her sporttrac). I also got the audiofile and at first I didn't think I needed it, but am really glad I got it cause it sounds good, I wasn't planning any stereo upgrade, so glad its there. I think the only option I didn't get that looking back I kinda wish I woulda is heated seats. But I am in Kansas where it gets kinda cold. I see you are in Utah, so that may not be a big deal to you. as for the power pedals, like was said above, I'm 6'2" and don't need them any closer. I didn't want the backup sensors cause they never work right anyway, and they look bad in the bumper, just don't need em. And if you are planning to swap out tires/wheels with a lift, why spend the extra money on upgraded tires? I swapped mine out and can't seem to give my upgraded tires/wheels away. Thinks that's about it, all I can think of right now anyway.

Shane

Old 11-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Like all the others have said it really boils down to what you want and which set up will make you happy.

If I had it to do over again, with out a doubt I would opt for the moon roof. I used to think that they were useless and a waste of money. But after Ford came out with this glorified overhead rail system I now realize that a moon roof atleast serves a semi purpose. I guess I'm just a cheap skate when it comes to certian things and the price that Ford is charging for the extra overhead bins is CRAZY! I think the cheapest package is around $100 and it gets you one extra bin with a couple of inserts. The snake lights require "AA" batteries, and a larger more usefull power inverter can be purchased much cheaper elsewhere. I don't think the cell phone holder is safe for driving, the only usefull thing I do see is the PDA holder. However, my PDA has its own cover and it fits just nicely in the 1 bin that came with the truck. Uhh, first aid kit i dunno maybe.

I don't remember reading it in any of the above posts, but I would opt for the power sliding rear window. Its nice to just press a button to open the rear window instead of having to reach for it in my Scab, and its even further to reach in a Screw. But you may not need a rear slider so it may just be a waste of $$.

Quick Reply: Decided to ORDER my 05 Screw, how does this sound? Need opinions.