2004 - 2008 F-150

Down On Fords? Who's any better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Down On Fords? Who's any better?

I've seen some of you really hammering Ford on the vibration issue.

I agree that it is a problem that needs to be fixed by Ford, but before some of you go anti - Ford, I'd like to remind you of the many years of the Chevy Shakerados that GM never found a good fix for. My company truck is a 2001 GM scab 4x4 that can't find a smooth road to save it's life.

The Dodge Dakotas shook for awhile too.

It happens to everyone now and then, and for no good reason in today's age of technology. However, I hope that Ford steps up to the plate soon, and rids you of your bad vibes. The truck is truly ahead of the pack otherwise.

While I'm thinking of it, those of you complaining about the mileage... go out and load another truck to the same gvw and see if it's any better mileage with a gas engine.

The sticker was on the window if you bought it new, so you knew that this wasn't a Honda CRX. If you want mileage, go out and trade the truck for a PowerStroke, or a Focus and a trailor. Otherwise, get over it. An FX4 SCrew with a 3.73 diff and 7200 GVW with enough mass to help it's five star safety rating that's getting the mileage that I'm getting is exactly what the math shows it should get. No other auto maker is doing any better.

Nuf said.

Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-25-2004, 01:44 AM
I think your confusing criticism for hate?

If I pay over $30 large for a brand new truck, and it has a problem that pisses me off (i.e. vibrations), then I'm going to say something about it! But it doesn't mean I don't like or love my truck, just that it should be fixed instead of hiding my head in the sand and saying its all great.

But some guys just want to blow off steam, and also talk with others who have the same problem and possible solutions to help them out, that's why I'm on this board.

MY 2000 F150 had a tranny replacement at 35,000 miles, door cracks, and a leaky rear window, but I still bought a new FX4 Screw, and absolutely love it, well except for the bed shake, less than instantaneous throttle response, and cheapo plastic fuel filler door.

Old 11-25-2004, 01:51 AM
Re: Down On Fords? Who's any better?

Originally posted by 1969Mach

If you want mileage, go out and trade the truck for a PowerStroke, or a Focus and a trailor.

If milage is a concern don't bother with the Powerstroke either. It won't get as good milage as an F150.

Old 11-25-2004, 09:47 AM
Re: Re: Down On Fords? Who's any better?

Originally posted by taterthedog
If milage is a concern don't bother with the Powerstroke either. It won't get as good milage as an F150.

If mileage is a concern, you shouldn't even be in a full size truck.

Old 11-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think my 2004 F150 is by far the best truck I have ever owned and the best I’ve ever ridden in. It’s perfect in every way.

Old 11-25-2004, 10:02 AM
You certainly can't blame me of going anti-Ford. The DSB awarded me a buy back and I'm buying a Ford Lariat in place of my FX4 vibrating model. Also I just bought my wife a Ford Freestar van while going through the dispute process. I'm loyal and do understand these issues. Not everyone is perfect. I think that Ford does need to take care of people that have a legitimate vibration issue.

Ron

Last edited by PALongbow; 11-25-2004 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it was Will Rogers who said "Democracy is the worst form of Government in the world--EXCEPT FOR ALL THE OTHERS".

I think it also applies to trucks "Fords are the worst trucks in the world-EXCEPT FOR ALL THE OTHERS".

I considered and looked at all the other brands except for the French owned (through Renault) Nissan and the Ford was by far the best choice. I have no issues at all with mine (5.3 w/3.73 Standard Cab w/6.5' bed) and it gets or slightly exceeds the mileage rating (14/18) on the window sticker (which was higher than the Toyota Tundra and Dodge 1500 and about the same as the Chevy Silverado).

Trending Topics

Old 11-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Fords are not the best trucks or cars on the market. Thier was a time when I was a die hard ford owner, than I got stuck with a 02 f-150 that was a basket case.

I now own a 04 f-150, and so far my truck is great, My girl friend receanty bought a 04 explorer-sport track that has all ready had numerious suspension problems.

Focus and Taruis also have problems, not manny people have any thing good to say abought thease cheaply built cars.

Ford dose have some excellant products, I like the 05 mustang and super duity trucks.

I'm woundering if a Gm, Chrsyler, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan auto worker have a system where they won't quite tighten a bolt, or put 5 % less into thier efforts on any given random day, just to make sure every ones produst quilaty is = .

Truth be told, is not abought building the best, it's all abought putting less into and getting the most out of.

When one automaker excead's othiers will follow, if they stay substanderd wheres the incentive to change.

Old 11-26-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by lonnie brown
Fords are not the best trucks or cars on the market.
Then what is?

Old 11-26-2004, 01:45 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Mine is.
But I didn't buy it for fuel mileage or towing capacity.

I bought it to impress the womens.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Raoul

I bought it to impress the womens.
too bad only LGJ looks at you with the Doe eyes...

Old 11-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Re: Re: Re: Down On Fords? Who's any better?

Originally posted by J-150
If mileage is a concern, you shouldn't even be in a full size truck.
I kept hitting my head when climbing into a Tacoma.
I would have gotten better gas mileage but after awhile I would have forgotten where I was going

Old 11-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Sounds like we are all saying the same thing to me. I don't have the vibration issue from the tranny, but do have the 70 mph steering wheel nibble....but for that Mrs. Kennedy how was the drive through Dallas?...comes to mind. But really Ford makes a great truck, but need to fix our problems.

Just my opinion.

Old 11-26-2004, 03:49 PM
I have had no problems with the exception of the slip-yoke greasing.

My 98 was equally flawless with only ball-joints and tie rod ends being replaced in 220,000 (well, spark plugs, filters etc as well but they dont count)

My 98 had NO mechanical issues. Only routine maintenance.

I expect no less from the 04.

Old 11-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Question

Good point J-150. My 97 F-150 was a sweet ride. I miss it. sniffle sniffle. I wonder if we will be speaking the same way of these trucks in about 7 or 8 years?

Quick Reply: Down On Fords? Who's any better?