2004 - 2008 F-150

Noob F150 owner saying Hi.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob F150 owner saying Hi.

Just wanted to say hi.

I came to this site looking for info or possible problems with the new 04-05 F150's and found one for sale at a great price. Bought it with 20K miles the only mods were a Line-x liner and LoJack. Since I have got a Superchips tuner, Banks Power Monster Exhaust, Snuglid SL tonneau cover and today I installed a Airaid Intake kit.
This has been the only F150 body style I have liked since the 1993 I sold earlier in the year. What a long way this truck has come.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend

Chris

Old 11-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Chris,

Welcome to F150Online!

It didn't take long for the mod bug to bite you. It sounds like you've got quite a nice truck.

You have a good Thanksgiving, too.

Old 11-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by JohnAndDar
Chris,

Welcome to F150Online!

It didn't take long for the mod bug to bite you. It sounds like you've got quite a nice truck.

You have a good Thanksgiving, too.
Yeah I can never leave anything alone. I bought the truck to tow my moto trailer around and said I would leave it stock. I put the tonneau and Superchips tune in the first week I had the truck. My friends say it's because I ran out of mod ideas for the trackbike.

It's a
04 F150 S-cab Lariat 6.5'box loaded with everything but running boards, which I didn't want anyway.
I picked it up from Brewmaster here on the forum and all the mods have come from Troyer Perf except for the exhaust and tonneau. Oh well I feel the need for a underdrive pully kit coming on.

Old 11-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by clee454
I picked it up from Brewmaster here on the forum and all the mods have come from Troyer Perf except for the exhaust and tonneau. Oh well I feel the need for a underdrive pully kit coming on.
Holy smokes! That's incredible...when I read your initial post and it said "20K miles the only mods were a Line-x liner and LoJack", and I saw you are from CA, I immediately wondered if you could have gotten Brewmaster's truck...then I figured the chance of that was unlikely.
It is a small world. I miss Brewmaster's presence around here. I hope he's doing well.

I hope to get e-fans and an underdrive pulley eventually (it's all a matter of having enough $$$).

~John

Last edited by JohnAndDar; 11-24-2004 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Chris/clee454,

Here's a pic of your truck from Brewmaster's gallery:

Old 11-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice truck Chris! Welcome to f150online.com!

Old 11-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the club!

Trending Topics

Old 11-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by JohnAndDar
Holy smokes! That's incredible...when I read your initial post and it said "20K miles the only mods were a Line-x liner and LoJack", and I saw you are from CA, I immediately wondered if you could have gotten Brewmaster's truck...then I figured the chance of that was unlikely.
It is a small world. I miss Brewmaster's presence around here. I hope he's doing well.

I hope to get e-fans and an underdrive pulley eventually (it's all a matter of having enough $$$).

~John
Yeah it is a small world. Sam aka Brewmaster is a great guy. I had the pleasure of meeting his fiance, mother, father, sister, aunts and uncles when I went to pick up the truck. They had just got back from catering taste tests for his wedding.
He kept great service records and the truck is just like new. It still has 4 years left on the extended warranty!
The truck looks great in that picture. It looks cleaner than it is right now. Sam said he took it out to the Glamis dunes out east of San Diego that must be a pic from the trip.

The money is what I'm out of now but I guess I said that after the exhaust came in. Maybe I can drop enough hints that the wife will get the pulley kit for me as a x-mas present. Oh well I guess I'm lucky enought that she puts up with me and my hobbies.

Thanks John for posting up the pic. Looks great,

Chris

Old 11-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Welcome

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-25-2004, 02:31 AM
Welcome Aboard! Nice Ride! Lots of good info on here!

Old 11-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Welcome!

Hope you enjoy the forum. We have a lot of great people and great topics being discussed. A lot of helpful information too!

Old 11-25-2004, 10:05 AM
Welcome.

Normally we talk about keeping it in the family, we mean relatives...now we can add the truck. Another reason to get a F150online sticker for the back window.

We do expect that you will keep it as clean as Brewmaster did. We don't want to hear that you are running around town with dirty rims on the front...

If you need any advice on maintaining the shine, just check in with Rock Pick. He's the local expert.

Quick Reply: Noob F150 owner saying Hi.