2004 - 2008 F-150

AutoLoc CK2000 Install...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoLoc CK2000 Install...

Santa brought me an autoloc CK2000 Centralized Power lock/keyless entry kit for my STX. I did the install in sections, driver's door and wiring one day, passenger door another day, and relay wiring to flash parking lights another day, so I can't really give an estimate on install time. I do have to say that the kit is top notch. I've never had any kind of kit for anything automotive that was as well designed, as easy to install, and better instructions (as good as they can be, being a universal kit).

yes, you must completely remove the door panels. Perfect instructions for this I found by using the search tool. Where I installed my actuators, I did do some bending of the actuator rod, but got everything perfect in no time. Do be careful though, to make sure that where you install the actuator won't interfere with the door panel tabs when you go to install it. Almost screwed that up...A spool of fish line (spring steel cable snake) makes the wire running easy as pie, right through the rubber door boot. Once you figure one door out, the other goes by a lot quicker. I just happened to have a good ground and a constant 12v right by the control box from my XM install, so I just pulled of of that. You will need a constant 12v and a ground for both the lock control and for the keyless receiver. Relay to flash the parking lights also requires 2 constant 12v lines. The wire to splice the relay's output is the dark brown wire on the bottom row (one with the most wires) of the headlight switch. Thanks to the Ford Remote Start manual posted here for that one... Like I said, overall, top notch kit, wires color coded, insulated connectors already there, wires plenty long enough, etc. Darn good product. Price should be around $100. You could probably find it cheaper on EBAY. I can't speak for the SPAL kits frequently sold there. I liked the autoloc due to the parking light relay and other outputs to control future upgrades. Plus, I had head a great review on this kit here as well.

Old 11-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Door panel removal instructions, courtesy of another post way back:

There is no insulation inside the door. You have the door panel (remember, it lifts up and off, not out and off like the old ones) which has 2 hex-head bolts under a little trim piece behind the door handle, then pop off the speaker grill, remove the speaker (4 bolts) then one phillips head screw under the arm rest, then pop off the trim part of the window crank and use a small allen wrench to remove the small bolt inside the crank, then two bolts at the very bottom of the door panel and you're good to remove the panel. Then a heavy, clear plastic film held on by a urethane adhesive applied around it's perimeter. Take a new, sharp razor blade and as you're pulling gently on the plastic film, cut the adhesive so that approximately 1/2 of it remains on the sheeting and 1/2 on the door. It's *very* sticky so when you're done, it'll just stick right back together again.

Old 02-22-2005, 06:43 PM
I installed the CK2000 Centralized Power lock/keyless entry kit this weekend and I have to say that it was easy to install. This is a great kit that I will be installing in my 1976 F100 and also my 1987 5.0 mustang Coupe.

Thanks for the info!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 AM
I purchased this kit to install on my truck. Installation of the components was fairly straightforward, and, except for routing the wiring harness behind the dash, it went fairly easily. Getting the wiring in place was extremely difficult, not because of any fault with the kit, but simply because the space behind the dash of my truck is extremely tight. I persevered, though, and finally managed to get the wires through.

The instructions, by the way, are very poor. The main instructions are printed on the inside of the cardboard sleeve of the box, and are hard to read at best. The additional instructions for the remote system are confusing. The instructions also would have you hook the remote to the main control box incorrectly, causing the system to work backwards (i.e., unlock when it's supposed to lock, and vice-versa.)

Unfortunately, after installation, the system did not work, either in "manual" mode, or with the remote. I did some troubleshooting, and determined the actuator on the right door was apparently internally short-circuited, and the excessive current draw had damaged the control box.

I emailed the importer (yes, it's made in China, but is imported by an American company), and received a reply in fairly short order. They asked me to call them and talk about the problem. When I called, I had to work my way through a tortuous voice menu to finally get a real human. The man I talked to seemed to be reasonably knowledgeable, gave me some ideas for further troubleshooting, but made no offer to replace defective components. I tried to ask him directly about this, and he said I needed to go through Amazon.com, since I bought it through them. Of course, Amazon.com will only exchange the entire kit, and I have no desire to remove the wiring harness after the difficulty I had installing it!

I have emailed the importer again about the problem (almost a month ago!) and have yet to receive a reply. I have tried calling them again, and, even after I manage to get past the voice menus, I wind up on hold for long minutes, until I finally get disconnected.

I'm willing to accept the idea that bad parts sometimes happen, and will need to be replaced. Apparently, though, this company is not interested in backing the product they sell. That being the case, I suggest you look elsewhere for a different make kit.

Quick Reply: AutoLoc CK2000 Install...