2004 - 2008 F-150

Resignation - Vibe Tribe

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First - congrats on getting it all worked out!

Second - it makes me even happier about having bought my truck even knowing something could show up that would be wrong with it later. I took it back to the dealership to complain about the rip in the seat fabric and they were stand-up guys about it. (Another major relief!) So, I'm feeling more comfortable moving forward with them, and I can honestly say I love my truck!

Old 11-22-2004, 12:02 PM
tjaas,

No. One of the board members was a Ford dealer. My dealer was not present; however they did submit paperwork to the DSB prior to my hearing.

Ron

Old 12-03-2004, 06:28 PM
UPDATE

Received my DSB letter today.......Looks like I have a replacement or a buy back coming.

PA,

From the letter it sounds like I got the same thing you did.
I don't owe for any milleage though. From reading the letter I think the REFUND would be better for me. The pay off on my truck is $ 22,355.00 to Ford Credit, my TOTAL purchase price was $33,267.74. ( no trade in ). If I understand the letter right I should get this differece ( $ 10,912.40 ), plus window tint ( $ 65.00 ). I should be able to go and work a completely new deal with no stings attached. ( Sound to good to be true, must be a catch )

If I go the REPLACEMENT route it looks like I will have to pay taxes & tags again ( $ 1,600.00 approx. ). That BLOWS!!!!

I'm I missing something here??????

Any advice would be appreciated!

I was also impressed with DSB process.....so far

Old 12-03-2004, 07:28 PM
tjaas,

I'll give you more details when I get to the financials part. My replacement truck arrived at the dealers today, but we are still waiting for the DSB to send the dealer worksheet to my dealer so we can work through the financial end of things. There are some grey areas that I really don't understand. I know they look at the MSRP of my truck and the replacement truck and then work from there. I'll have to pay tax's, mileage, and a $1,000 upgrade fee; however I get back my last six payments as credits.

Ron

Old 12-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Ron you are almost there.

tjass
I got back all my money plus trade-in & bed liner less $534 mileage charge for the first 2500 miles (first service with problems). I drove the truck for 13 months & 23,000 miles until every thing all was finished with the DSB. It only cost me $535 but all the time and aggravation were supplied by Ford for free. I got to talk & email a good number nice people like Ron with the same problems and it looks as if they will have the same results as I did.
Good luck to all, have a happy holiday & may your 04/05 Ford truck not vibrate into the new year.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Labrador,

Are you going to go with an 05? What do you plan on replacing your vibrator with?

Old 12-04-2004, 03:44 PM
I was talking to the dealer from the start and I documented just about everything except for the overall days that my truck was in the shop. I followed this board and talked to and emailed Labrador on many occassions. He really helped me alot. Thanks Labrador!

My dealer also did a wonderful job of documenting every step of the TSB process including notes from the FSE written on sticky notes. One of those notes stated that the FSE duplicated customer conern at 55 MPH. I think that one little note really made the case easier on for all parties.

I think having the FSE work on my truck twice and making notes along the way really helped out. If I had any advice to give I would let the dealer follow the TSB, document everything, have an FSE try and solve the issue. If the FSE can't solve the vibration issue then you pretty much have a case.

Ron

Old 12-04-2004, 11:38 PM
I think the DSB is well aware of the vibration issue by now. If you keep all your paperwork and go through the TSB's with no results I think you will get a buy back or replacement.

Don't flame me for this but I drove a Dodge 4x4 Hemi today and then drove a 05 FX4.

The Ford definately has the Dodge beat in styling and looks inside and out, but the Dodge has a lot more pep, it felt light and had great throttle response. It also was very smooth not a bit of vibration. Where as the 05 FX4 feels heavy and a bit sluggish and even though it did not have a vibration like my 04 Fx4 it still felt like something was not right.

I'm going to take the refund instead of the replacement, so I am looking at all my options now.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:20 AM
tjaas,

I think exploring your options is a good thing prior to buying another Ford. I'm a die hard Ford fan so I quess they have me hooked. I also think that other manufactures have issues as well. On a positive note when I did have issues with Ford vehicles Ford has always taken care of my issues. That kind of customer service is what keeps me coming back.

Ron

Old 12-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Banned
My Hearing is December 8th

They sure don't give you much time to follow up on the infor supplied by Ford. I got my DSB package on Saturday and my hearing is Wednesday. The FSE is defendeing Ford all the way on mine. He only drove my truck 4 miles on the highway. I'm really worried about this. I don't want to get stuck with this vehicle. I can tell you right now if the DSB votes in my favor, I'm taking the refund and walking away from Ford. Can't wait to get a vehicle that is safe to put my 4 month old son in.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Zues,

Do you have an quotes from the FSE on any of your paperwork? My FSE said "Any vibe still present could be by design" and "FSE drove truck and some of the concern was gone but truck still has a shake/vibe to it" I'm going to point these to comments out and tell the board that while i respect the opinion of the FSE it is clear that my vehicle still shakes

Jansen

Old 12-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by DrkShadow
Labrador,

Are you going to go with an 05? What do you plan on replacing your vibrator with?
I got my wife a Honda Pilot and I'm driving her Accord, I really like 28mpg over my old truck's 16mpg. I'm waiting for the new Honda SUT Ridgeway coming in March. I have really missed having a truck; I guess that I'll have to strap the ole Christmas tree to top of the Pilot this year.
You know the old saying, your Grand daddy drove a Ford, your Daddy drove a Ford and you will drive a Ford, but I will not have another Ford. My Dad gave me a hard time about getting a Dodge 8 years ago, but he picked me up after getting my 04 buy back check in his 2000 F-150. His 1999 F-150 was replaced by Ford’s FSE (the same guy who said my truck's driveline vibration was normal) with a 2000 F-150 after having a lot of problems. Like Father like son.

Quick Reply: Resignation - Vibe Tribe