2004 - 2008 F-150

Fog light size...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog light size...

Could someone with factory fog lights do me a favor please, and measure the actual lens of the fog lights? Just looking for height and width...

thanks...

Old 11-20-2004, 07:39 AM
closer9,

The bumper opening isn't a perfect rectangle, but the widest part of the opening is approx. 11 3/4" x 4" tall....as far as the fog lamp lens itself, I estimate the face of it is aprox. 13" x 4 1/2".

Old 11-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatcha up to Closer? This sounds like a MOD if I've ever heard a hint at one...

Fess up!

RP

Old 11-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Whatcha up to Closer? This sounds like a MOD if I've ever heard a hint at one...

Fess up!

RP
Alrighty, you got me... Well, there seems to be several places selling clear lens fog lights for the 97-98 trucks, but no one makes them for the 99-03 (which seems odd since I would suspect there are many more 99-03), so I'm thinking about finding some fog lights and addapting them to my needs. I'm a designer in a stainless steel shop, so making brackets is no big deal... I just need to find something that will fit the opening, and be somewhat aimed in the right direction, which the new lights appear to be...

and I would eventually like to have some clear lens headlights and corners, but I just think they would look tacky with the foggy fog lights...

BTW did you sell your Xenarcs or were you having too much of a problem with them staying on brights?

Oh, and thanks for the info JohnAndDar!

Old 11-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They're sold.

It wasn't a Xenarc problem... it was a foglight modification along with the Xenarcs that was the problem. One of those weird electrical issues...

I agree with you though... and I had also been searching for clear fog assemblies to go along with my Xenarcs on my old 2001. Oh well...

My 2001 is sitting on my dealership's 'car spinner' right next to the FORD sign. It'd make a good picture but, I think I'll refrain. It's painful to know someone else is going to have her...

LOL!

RP

Quick Reply: Fog light size...