2004 - 2008 F-150

ford gold remote start problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sandog53

I use Bob Allen because my family has bought 12 vehicles from the same salesman and he treats us right. I am not at all happy with the guy that handles aftermarket add ons. He doesn't know sh@t. I did just buy an 04 Eddie Bauer Explorer that I would like to get remote start for so let me know.

Old 11-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Sandog53
Which dealer do you use?? I am in the kc area and could prolly tell you the truth. Oh and if you want one, come on by!!
Hey Sandog, I'm not in KC but I am interested in getting a remote starter kit. Can you email me at joe@media-magicians.com if you can get me a good deal on one. Thanks.

Joe

Old 11-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, Larry Stannard is a tool, and Broadway radio does their remote start installs. I dont know about any cars on fire but I know they are not doing any. We are running a promo for remote starts right now, killer deals for the dealer, and they still wont bite. The Explorer is no problem. I will do it for a good price. Email me at sandog_53@yahoo.com

Where do you live man?? I am in North KC, but I was at Bob Allen today. I was also in Harrisonville and at Bill Woods. Did you have any ford aftermarket parts installed at Bob Allen?? If so my company probably did it. Anyways, sorry you had to deal with the FAT BASTARD as we call him. WTF is up with that dudes bellY?? It looks like a basketball!!

Old 11-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Sandog53

I live in OP. I drive to Claycomo everyday so I am probably up in your area all the time. I am laughing my as@ off about Larry. It looks like he has a basketball tucked under his shirt and he is a tool. I was asking him about the bluetooth add on that I saw in the brochure for the 500 and Freestyle and he had NO idea what I was talking about. I am curious to know if it can be installed in my Explorer. I will e-mail you about the remote starter, maybe on 2 of my cars. BTW we did have them install a DVD player. Does your dealership do those for them?? I have heard that Broadway Ford does their installs.

Last edited by screwbuilder; 11-09-2004 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah, broadway radio is located within broadway ford. They prolly installed an aftermarket tv though. It is not a factory piece. That is all we install.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Sandog,
I have a dealer installed remote starter(I thnk it was the sliver one, remote keyless, but no alarm) and have been having a small problem with it. For some reason, the remote will work sometimes but not other times. Most the time it locks, unlocks and does everything normally. But sometimes nothing works. Like the batteries are dead or the system is unhooked. The next time it will work fine. I haven't found a pattern or any kind of activity that increases or decreases the chances of it happening. The only other sign I've had of problems was this morning I remote started the truck, went to get ready for work and when i went out the truck wasn't running. I'm not sure if this is related or if I might have accidently shut it back off. So, what do you think? Do I have a fluky remote or is something loose or is this a problem that has to be seen to fix? I haven't contacted the dealer yet. Figured I'd have them check it at the next oil change. Just saw this thread and figured I'd ask.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Try replacing the battery, if that does not do it, then you need a new battery. This morning, how long did you leave it running?? It will shut off after 10 or 15 mins depending on the programming. Let me know if you have anymore problems.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Hers an update on my problem. As of 10:30 tonight, the things finally working Sandog53 was terrific, and spent time on the phone(long distance) with me, while I was in the truck trying to troubleshoot it. He ran me though all the wiring connections and helped troubleshoot it till we got it down to the module possibly being bad. Heres the real stupid part When I put the fuses in the remote start module, I had bent 2 pins on the connector that the cover plugs into. So, when the cover was snapped in, 2 pins were not making connection in the software module. Man, I feel stupid, 42 hours total into this project. At least I bet I could do one in an hour next time after going over every part of the install 20 times, Thanks again Sandog53 for all your help, I would of never got it working without you.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 PM
can i bump this thread? i have an 03 rav4, and for somereason, it has this ford silver system installed haha. but yea, anyways.

its been workign fine for a year when we bought it.
but one night i was driving and i slamemd the brakes cuz a car in front of me stopped suddenly. then my car horn chirped three times and the parking lights flashed. and this wuold happen randomly on my way home.

eversince, the remote start/keyless entry would not work, it seems like the system is dead or unplugged. i checked the module, everything is plugged in. and my batteries are fresh cuz i just bought 3.

first of all, what happened to my system?? and do i need to reset it?
help please. thanks guys

justin.

ps. i tried calling codesystems or codealarm (i confuse the 2, but i know its the right one) but they tol dme to call ford. i called ford and they said they didnt want to touch it or check it at least cuz its not their car....

Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Not sure if you have the problem fixed but try calling code alarm. Here is the website with info

http://webappshttp.voxdmz.audiovox.c...oductId=&desc=

Quick Reply: ford gold remote start problem