2004 - 2008 F-150

noise from front end

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy noise from front end

we had some high water down here in Louisiana this past weekend, and i took my truck to my camp to check on things. I had to drive through a little water to get there. I was backing up my boat trailer(just trailer, no boat) in front of my camp on level ground, and the front end started making a horrible noise and vibration(could feel it in the steering wheel) but when i put it in drive it was fine. I was just idling, and i know it was coming from the front end. Also in 4x4. Anyone had any experience with this? my truck only has 1220 miles on it. FX4

Old 10-11-2004, 11:10 AM
If you were in 4x4 soundsl like things were binding a bit. The water should not have caused that, being it only worked in reverse. My questions are this: Were you turning when it started, if so that most likely caused it. 4x4 does not work well if the tires cannot slip to make up for the differance and ir will cause what you described. If you were not turning, has it does it since. If so I would have it checked out, sounds like something is not working correctly. If not try going straight in 4x4 forward and reverse and see if it does it, maybe it was a one time fluke and nothing to worry about

Old 10-11-2004, 11:18 AM
wasn't binding, because 1. i was on a mud levee, so the tires could slip and 2. the wheels were straight. I tried it since, and it hasn't done it, i sure hope it was a one time fluke like you said, i was just curious if anyone has ever heard a sound like that, especially the steering wheel vibrating.

Quick Reply: noise from front end