2004 - 2008 F-150

Two tone

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two tone

I just got my 04 Fx4, at the end of the cab where it meets the bed on both sides there is a little white overspray on the grey, it has another spot on one of the steps on the bed. It is proably kind of petty but it is a 40k truck. Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you get it fixed, did they fix it right? What all do they repaint to fix it?

Old 10-09-2004, 03:05 PM
I have a white w/grey trim FX4 and it had over spray on one side and on the other side the trim wasnt fully sprayed on. We took it back to the dealership and they fixed it. Took them a day so they even gave us a rental Kia! lol.

Old 10-09-2004, 11:45 PM
....kia

I have some spots of silver paint in the vertical shiny black window to door molding on the outside of the door...havn't done anything about it yet. I guess it's to minor to stress over for me.

Old 10-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There is a pretty distinct possiblity that you'd be able to deal with it on your own utilizing detailing clay however; as you mentioned, it's a 40K truck and it should've been right when you accepted delivery. With that in mind, I'd take it down to the stealership and have them deal with the issue.

Detailing clay is EXTREMELY easy to use but, it can be a hassle if the overspray is on any type of 'porus' material.

RP

Old 10-11-2004, 12:30 AM
where can I get detailing clay? I plan on taking it to the dealership tomorrow to see what they say about it. I can't believe out of 318 views only 3 have overspray issues. I guess thats good, but bad for us.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 00_offroad
where can I get detailing clay? I plan on taking it to the dealership tomorrow to see what they say about it. I can't believe out of 318 views only 3 have overspray issues. I guess thats good, but bad for us.
Clay bars are at just about any autoplace. I can't say for sure, try Napa, but I know they have them at Walmart. Or Kmart. One of the marts. It's in a red box, says clay bar ofcourse. Set aside atleast one good day to do that, which includes the wash, clay, and for me, the mothers 3 stage wax process. A long day, preferabley a weekend. Dunno what the overspray looks like, so I dunno if the clay bar would actually work.

Like, is the overspray under the clear coat or what? Considering it's under warranty I'd go to the dealer.

Old 10-11-2004, 03:25 AM
If it is clearcoated, you will have a problem getting any overspray off. Best to just take it in to the dealership, they fixed the FX4 no problem or question. The worst part was having to drive that Kia!

Old 10-11-2004, 12:52 PM
I went by the dealership and there going to fix the three places plus a nick on the the bumper, so all is well. Thanks for all the advice.

Old 10-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Loaners are funny things. One time I was given a geo metro for a few days back when I was a chevy owner (so yes, no surprise I needed a loaner). Now I'm 6'1". My head occasionally bumped into the curved door pillar. But you know what? It really wasn't a bad little car. I had a hard time trying to accelerate up a steep grade with it, but the thing was designed for urban city driving. I think it had a 3 cyl motor, not sure though. Considering a new one costs just a tiny bit more than a couple of f150 mods, and I put almost 200 miles on the thing and didn't burn much more than a 1/4 tank of gas, I was rather impressed with the little thing. it'd be nice to carry around in my truck bed as a 'liferaft'....

sorry if i hijacked the thread; it just got me thinking...

Quick Reply: Two tone