2004 - 2008 F-150

New Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mods

Got a new NAV system installed from Fujitsu. I am driving around finding new roads displayed on the Eclipse every time I go somewhere. Its great seeing the scrolling gps map that is always correcting between, gps, truck computer and internal gyroscope.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/avx_avx2494.html

Got a full sized spare mounted in the bead. I can remove and stand upright when loading my XR400. Of course I have a tire cover to save the spare which will become mounted on the truck when my current tires wear down. Got new pictures in my gallery.

Ford just did the 30k service(I Have 38K) and truck still running great. Got some looks at the dealer, but the biggest suprise was the mileage I have racked up so far. Saw too many jacked up new f50's this weekend and one had dealer plates(they do that for the new model?) I am feeling like just another truck owner and although I like the fact FORD is selling so many, I need to start on my engine to get that response I am lacking and keep ahead of the Jones.

Doug

Last edited by jdmccl; 10-04-2004 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:42 PM
that's the wrong link for your gallery. edit your post and delete it. that link includes you logon so anyone can logon to your account.

try this one jdmccl gallery

Last edited by 04fx4Scab; 10-04-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:23 PM
nav

That nav stuff is cool, but how much does it cost and where did you put your head unit at?

Old 10-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Do you have any pics of the install ?

Old 10-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Looks good! Sweet setup!

What lift do you have?

Old 10-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Eclipse

The install took the same space as the radio/6cd which I am keeping in case I ever get rid of my truck. I didn't do the install so no pics other than the finished product. I use the rear view camera for backing into small spaces and the wide angle lens makes objects appear farther away than they are so I also use my reverse sensing system. The camera is color, but at night the picture is just black and white. Something about the eye can see more detail at night this way I am told. The cost installed was over 2000 and the camera add in was 350. I am told the update DVD can run about 3-4 hundred but I am impressed with the level of detail like showing dirt roads when I am desert running. I cannot play 6cd's anymore but can play as many mp3's or more on a single cd and I see they have a 20GB jukebox add-on available. I was concerned because my speedometer shows 8-12 mph faster than actual (8mph diff at 40 mph, offset increases with speed) and this is tied into the f150 computer. There is a calibration that you can run at speed which does not appear to be needed because the installer calibrated the system ok around town.

Another feature is you can overlay the map with icons for atm, gas, auto repair and many other categories which helps when you are in a strange town looking for something like food. It chooses 3 routes for your destination. You can program 180 waypoints and 10 places to avoid which helps for known construction detours. The dvd plays on the same screen which is the only screen for this unit. It doesn't support xm or backrest monitors.

Quick Reply: New Mods