2004 - 2008 F-150

Question for the true dual exhaust owners out there.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 09:24 PM
JKC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for the true dual exhaust owners out there.

I have been mulling over an exhaust system as follows;

Using 2.5" stainless piping, true dual from behind each cat into a Magnaflow 10791 X-pipe into through two 14326 Magnaflow mufflers exiting behind each wheel.

My question is this. Will this cost me low end power/torque? Any of the true dual exhaust guys find they miss their low end power?

The exhaust shop guy insists I will lose low end as well as lower my mileage. He said they have done 04 150 true duals and have had to convert them back.

Thanks for the input.

Confused

Old 09-25-2004, 02:32 PM
I don't see how going with 2 mufflers would lower any kind of power/torque, or gas mileage. You're improving the flow of air out of the engine. This should help the engine, not hurt it. I have true dual custom exhaust done on my truck. I have each cat that goes back to 2 V Force mufflers and then and then out the back with Camaro style rectangular tips. All 2 1/2" piping. I haven't noticed any difference in any gas mileage or power.

As far as the mufflers I would go with the V Force. They are like a generic Flowmaster. They sound awesome! My brother also has a pair on his 2002 FX4. I got them at:

http://www.completeexhaust.com/advan...ywords=v+force

for like $42 a piece including shipping. That site also has tons of tips for cheap too. I would buy the mufflers and tips online and then take them to a shop to have them put on. I should save U quite a bit of dough.

Old 09-25-2004, 04:08 PM
BLOWmasters are crappy as it is, hate to know about generics.

Old 09-25-2004, 04:24 PM
first off. dump those stock cats for some high flow magnaflow cats and forget that X pipe. Magnaflows DI/DO muffler has a built in X pipe. this is what im running on my 4.6 except i deleted all my cats and i love it. the truck sounds like a 'stang

Old 09-25-2004, 09:44 PM
My brother had true dual exhaust put on his truck and his MPG's went into the toilet. I dont know about the low end torque loss, but he liked it overall. It felt like more power when pulling his trailer. He wasn't too worried about the milage.

Old 09-26-2004, 03:23 PM
I have true duals and mileage stayed the same or went up slightly. Trouble is the noise in the cab which was sweet is now sounding bad, have to have the welds checked as it sounds like it is blowing to me.

Rich.

Old 09-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Why does mileage go down with true duals?

Quick Reply: Question for the true dual exhaust owners out there.