2004 - 2008 F-150

SuperCab doors.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Mine was built 09/2003 and made it till just this week. Like I said above we have had a temp swing of 80 degrees in the last 10 or 12 days so I thought that might have been what caused it. I asked my dad to talk to the family dealer up there about it since the dealer here in town is a joke (had to replace 4 rims from just a rotation). I know that the dealer I bought it from will do whatever it takes to fix it. Just wanted to know if this has been taken care of under warranty or if they are trying to avoid this. Still wouldn't trade her for anything else.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Had mine in last week for this "wavy rear door problem." The dealer ordered the wrong parts and didn't tell me that until I asked him!! Make sure that your dealer gets the correct TSB parts required. I surely hope that when the correct parts come in, that the fix will be quick and painless, AND work like it should.

-Travis

Old 01-20-2005, 09:44 AM
2004 Black SCAB. I have eight to ten waves or ripples in the sheet metal on both rear doors. They are about six inches long and parallel each other vertically. I took the truck to the dealer and was told they had never heard of the problem. I gave them a copy of the TSB and got a call back saying that only applied to cold weather regions. (I live in Florida)
The service manager then tried to attribute the ripples to going through an automatic car wash. I have no paint damage at all. It is obvious that the problem is with the sheet metal under the paint. I think they were just taking a few shots to see if I would accept and go away. Fianlly a Ford regional rep looked at my truck and approved repair. I think they plan on sanding down the two doors and repairing the sheet metal and then repainting. What are your opinions of this? Do you think the metal and paint will look as good as new and match the rest of the truck? I have heard of others having both rear doors entirely replaced. I got the truck in December of 2003 and have 30k miles on it.
Anyone with information of getting their doors fixed would be appreciated.
THanks,
Matt

Old 01-20-2005, 09:45 AM
2004 Black SCAB. I have eight to ten waves or ripples in the sheet metal on both rear doors. They are about six inches long and parallel each other vertically. I took the truck to the dealer and was told they had never heard of the problem. I gave them a copy of the TSB and got a call back saying that only applied to cold weather regions. (I live in Florida)
The service manager then tried to attribute the ripples to going through an automatic car wash. I have no paint damage at all. It is obvious that the problem is with the sheet metal under the paint. I think they were just taking a few shots to see if I would accept and go away. Fianlly a Ford regional rep looked at my truck and approved repair. I think they plan on sanding down the two doors and repairing the sheet metal and then repainting. What are your opinions of this? Do you think the metal and paint will look as good as new and match the rest of the truck? I have heard of others having both rear doors entirely replaced. I got the truck in December of 2003 and have 30k miles on it.
Anyone with information of getting their doors fixed would be appreciated.
THanks,
Matt

Old 01-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Body filler and repainted doors on a new truck? No way! I would be demanding new replacement doors. Ford knows there is a problem with these door ripples they should replace them. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:45 PM
someone should make this thread sticky for a while

Old 01-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Old 01-20-2005, 07:29 PM
i have ripples too. should i take my truck in?

Old 01-20-2005, 08:34 PM
I STILL haven't heard from my dealer on whether or not the parts are in. I've called him, and gotten the response, "they're on backorder, but should ship this week" for TWO weeks now. I even called other dealers in town and they said they would have to "look into it" since they had "never heard of this problem before." I think this is a crock of s--t on the part of Ford's dealers. Is this problem THAT hard to fix? What would you all do if you were in my position (sales dealer dragging their feet, and other area dealerships not eager to help)?

On a side note, anyone have this TSB (03-26-4) done yet? If so, what were the results?

-Travis

Old 01-20-2005, 08:36 PM
I STILL haven't heard from my dealer on whether or not the parts are in. I've called him, and gotten the response, "they're on backorder, but should ship this week" for TWO weeks now. I even called other dealers in town and they said they would have to "look into it" since they had "never heard of this problem before." I think this is a crock of s--t on the part of Ford's dealers. Is this problem THAT hard to fix? What would you all do if you were in my position (sales dealer dragging their feet, and other area dealerships not eager to help)?

On a side note, anyone have this TSB (03-26-4) done yet? If so, what were the results?

-Travis

Old 01-21-2005, 09:16 AM
JuneSpyder, thanks for the details on the TSB. I appreciate the replys because I was having trouble finding much information. Glad to see another truck in warm climate. I am sorry about your truck but I am glad for the corroborating evidence. The dealer was saying that because I live in Florida the TSB did not apply and they blamed the damage on going through an auto carwash.
I would like to know if anyone has had their truck repaired accoring to the details of the TSB and does it look original. Are all of the waves out and does the paint still match?

Old 01-21-2005, 09:20 AM
RuneSpyder you are in Seattle and Madtrucker is in Austin. Sorry to mix you up.
Big TRQ sorry I ask the question you just asked about the TSB. I didn't read your post fully. I hope we both get an answer. Is it safe to assume that our service departments at the Ford dealers have and are aware of the TSBs and the details?

Old 01-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Any others out there with this problem. Almost 2700 views of this post and very few follow ups. Maybe this problem is pretty rare.

Old 01-23-2005, 02:07 AM
As far as I know I don't have this problem, but you can bet your arss I'll be checking tomorrow.

My passenger side back door had to be re-aligned about 3 weeks after I bought the truck, because it was dragging when you would open and close it.

I bought mine Jan 04 not sure of the build date.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Mine has it too, pretty annoying. Worst on the side where I actually open the close the door alot. Completely unacceptable, but I have hopes it won't get worse.

Quick Reply: SuperCab doors.