2004 - 2008 F-150

Lift Installed! Procomp 6" - EddyG88 -

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Installed! Procomp 6" - EddyG88 -

Finally, after about 6 months of saving, reviewing and buying parts little buy little, I now have my lift installed and the biggest piece of the puzzle put in.
I do have to thank a bunch of the regulars on this site who have put up with me talking this up for a while now. It has been worth the wait...

Details:
The truck is a fully loaded XLT 4x4.

Lift: Procomp Stage I (paid $1250, install was $650 + $60 for caliper paint job)
The lift came in a light grey powdercoat finish. I painted it red, along with the calipers (front and rear) as well as added the sticker to the front crossmember. The ride of the lift is amazing. I always thought the rear of the truck was to soft so the ES9000 were a perfect upgrade. The spacer in the front was also the way to go, keeping the front suspension ride quality very close to stock. There is nothing bad to say about the ride of this lift. I have already put 200 miles on since it was installed and the ride has only improved. I do have a small nibble from the tires at around 55-60, but before I had the same slight nibble at 65-70 (now gone) so its a scratch.

Tires: The tires are BFG All Terrain 35" Tires that I bought from a Hummer dealership. They were takeoffs still in brand new condition (paid $360 total). No complaints with the tires, the shop didnt even balance them because they spun fine on the machine with the wheels. It is a little tougher to turn from a standstill due to all the rubber contact, but nothing to even think twice about or dwell on. Acceleration was obviously reduced due to the bigger tires, but that was expected (I didnt buy it as a hot rod). Great tires, just as quiet as stock.

Overall: I wouldnt do it any other way. I like the red under the black truck with the chrome accents. Since getting the lift I cant seem to go anywhere without someone pulling up next to me and commenting on the truck. Its definitely a head turner, and not so tall that it looks out of place. I really think the lift made the truck look like it should. In the near future I will probably buy the SC Tuner because the Speedo and Odometer and now off by 10% and I could use a little more acceleration. Eventually I also plan on adding a FabTech Desert Guard with KC Daylighters, Borla Dual exhuast and a In-Bed tool chest for all my tools and what not. I am really happy with the ride, cant wait to test it offroad. Thanks to everyone who helped put it together. Anyone with questions or want more info/pics just ask. Check out my gallery, its full of shots from every angle.
I think its time for me to ride...

Old 09-12-2004, 12:56 PM
OH HELL YEAH!!!! Sweet ride, Eddy. That is hella-cool. It's too bad there is a limit on images you can put in a post, since that truck is worth more than three measly 'nanners:

Old 09-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Eddy,

That looks awesome. As 'd' said "hella-cool"!

Thanks for write-up, too.

Here's 3 more 'nanners:

Old 09-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the comments D, I know you have been waiting for pics for a while. Lots of F150s on the road, but few like this. I love this truck!

Oh and hope you like the sig, you have been busy so I thought I would give it a try.

Old 09-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Great new sig, EggyG.

I've got to try to learn photoshop...

John

Old 09-12-2004, 03:02 PM
SAAWEEET...thats all I can say. Nice set up Eddy. Good luck with it. Let us know how it does on the trails.

Old 09-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet!! Nice job.

Old 09-12-2004, 03:06 PM
that looks real sweet man!

Old 09-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Awesome!

Old 09-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Looks FANTASTIC Eddy! I love the way you had the parts painted red. I thought about doing the same thing but never got around to it. Great job and enjoy! Love those wheels.

Old 09-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Hey congrats man that looks awesome. Are you gonna change the gearing on the truck? I've just always heard thats a must for runnin' 35s. Once again looks awesome

Old 09-12-2004, 05:51 PM
I am sure BigSherm could comment on this too, but I dont think its neccessary what so ever. I currently have 3.73 in there and it still runs great. I am sure it would run even better with a set of 4.10s but I dont think its really needed at all. The main thing right now would be to get the tuner and let the computer know you are running 35s, I am sure that would be enough for me. Besides running a few rpms higher and the acceleration being a little worse, it runs great and I cant complain one bit.

Old 09-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by bigsherm77
Looks FANTASTIC Eddy! I love the way you had the parts painted red. I thought about doing the same thing but never got around to it. Great job and enjoy! Love those wheels.
Hey Sherm, about those wheels, the guy who put them on at the 4x4 shop had his had sliced pretty good by em. Apparently (I noticed it when cleaning them) the back of the holes are very sharp and when he tried to mount one his finger got cut down to the bone. Just be careful cleaning these good lookin wheels.

Old 09-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Damn it that looks nice!! Now I'm jealous and need to do something to make me feel better. I guess I'll have to go with a 10" lift and some 41's or something.

Just kidding, congrats man I know you've been waiting for this for a while now. Have a cold one on me.

Old 09-12-2004, 08:51 PM
That's hot!

Congrats!

MM

Quick Reply: Lift Installed! Procomp 6" - EddyG88 -