2004 - 2008 F-150

Ranch Hand Bumper

Old 12-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like the frontier product is much cheaper than ranchhand, and made better.. it only weights like 160lbs for the replacement bumper.. looks like i'm now going with frontier!... good lookin out!

i can always count on the forum for all the different kinds of mods for our trucks!.. just wait, someon will find something different!

chris

Old 12-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kind of bumper does TX-FX-4 have I called frontier and they said $725......What about this one from ranchhand? It is suppose to be made especially for f150 "lightweight" and I can get it $675, but I really want to know about TX-FX-4's

Old 12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by etrevino103186
i'd really love to find out TX-FX-4 paid for his I really like those, they are not common at all they are really different. If they aren't too expensive maybe I can go with those otherwise it might be ranch hands for me

Sorry for the late reply. I paid $2150.00 In payments. It takes a few weeks for them to make it for me but it is custom painted and installed.It is HEAVY DUTY. I know it is extremely expensive compared to the ranch hand, but I made payments here and there until I paid it off. I am much happier though with the look, than If I would have bought a ranch hand. I also wanted to have a winch since I almost got stuck with the family in the middle of nowhere in the Nevada back roads.Here is some more pics.

I have posted these pics on the winch thread. The front is heavy and I am trying to find some heavy duty coil springs. Not that I need them right now, but I am looking for them for my piece of mind. I also don't expect to see many people with this front end either and I kinda like that.

Old 12-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by TX-FX-4
I also don't expect to see many people with this front end either and I kinda like that.
I like that too. But I don't know about $2100. If you have the money go for it, I did I would too. For $2100 I could get the front and back ranch hands. Side steps line-x and a tool box. And still have couple hundred bucks left over. I really like the look though. Does anyone know if the ranchhand for the f150 is still too heavy I believe it is 170 lbs.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I spoke with someone at www.buckstop.biz about their bumpers as well as ranchand, and they stated that due to the handling and suspension of the new trucks there is not much available for bumper options. (because of weight). Mine is about 300 pounds and 84 pounds for the winch.Ranchand was designed to work well, and that is the reason the design is the way it is, to minimize weight. I really envy the F250,F350 because when it comes to bumpers they have many to choose from and they are Full front bumper replacements not just a wanna be. I knew that I wanted to get a winch with my vehicle and ranchand did not have that option(except for a clasIII receiver in front). This was something else I was considering due to its clean look.
http://www.autoanything.com/products...g_center_guard

http://www.autoanything.com/products...t_runner_guard

http://www.autoanything.com/category...ds_brush_grill

They are also not very pricey at all. Getting the one I had took alot of A$$ ki$$ing to my wife, but she is very pleased as well. So were both happy.

Good luck.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Getting the one I had took alot of A$$ ki$$ing to my wife, but she is very pleased as well. So were both happy.

Good luck.
Haha I bet it did gotta make the boss happy right? My girlfriend is startin to develop that mentality I am trying to set her straight. The whole reason that I want a full bumper replacement is that I have a painted lower bumper and it has soooo much chips from high way driving. So I am trying to fix that problem. So a grill wouldn't really do anything for me. It's not like I go trashcan bowling.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:32 PM
There are some 3m clear bras that they sell than can definitely help with that. Heres a link.

http://www.clearmask.com/aboutourkits.htm

I think some other guys on this forum have them for their trucks. Yeah it took alot of convincing, I told her that it was for protection and safety for "ALL the crazy drivers" Well, it took about a month but I did it. Maybe she just got tired of me bitchin' Hope this helps. I think it may be cheaper as well and well and won't change the ride quality of your truck. Good luck.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:47 PM
I thought about those but if I am going down the highway doing 80-85 and a rock hits the front bumper wouldn't it just rip through the plastic? Unfortunately it may be already be too late since I already have several big chips and a scratch from close parking on campus.... I would rather just get the bumper for peace of mind and I can mount lights on there and it'd make fender benders a thing of the past...for me . I have seen maybe one f150 with the ranch hand on though so I maybe unique in my own way ha.

edit: Damn, I looked again and I really like your bumper but I have to save up money to get a motorcycle my parents will probably be buying me the bumper. there is no way in he11 that my mom will buy me a crotchrocket. or that my mom will let my dad...haha somethings don't change huh

Last edited by etrevino103186; 12-08-2005 at 11:51 PM. Reason: damn
Old 12-09-2005, 07:40 PM
I wanted to get a Harley and they are expensive. $19,800 for the one I looked at. But the Yamaha R1 is nice as well and alot cheaper. .Alot of the guys I see have the GSXR suzuki but I actually am afraid of those things. There is so much power, and I have seen so many come into the ER that it makes me think twice. I kind of like to get something like a dual purpose or a cruiser. I had a KLR650 and a lady eating a pizza ran me off the road. (she wasn't paying attention) oh well, gotta convince the Ms......... AGAIN.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:43 PM
The Cabelas store in Ft. Worth TX had a 2005 F-150 Supercrew with a Ranch Hand bumper. Appeared to be very solid and a good looking product.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:46 PM
haha lucky for me my gf isn't like that. i told her i was gonna get a bike she can like or not but it was gonna happen. i really like the angel eyes the look awesome on the r6 and r1's. i want to get a harley later i need something small and nimble to drive through campus

EDIT: What I am trying to figure out is if with a 2.5 daystar if it will still hang low? I will probably line-x the bed and a tool box and then the rear bumper wouldn't that balance everything?

Old 12-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by etrevino103186
haha lucky for me my gf isn't like that. i told her i was gonna get a bike she can like or not but it was gonna happen. i really like the angel eyes the look awesome on the r6 and r1's. i want to get a harley later i need something small and nimble to drive through campus

EDIT: What I am trying to figure out is if with a 2.5 daystar if it will still hang low? I will probably line-x the bed and a tool box and then the rear bumper wouldn't that balance everything?

don't think you'll have a problem with the ranch hand

Old 12-12-2005, 12:42 PM
going with the frontier truck-gear replacment...

i'll have it on wednesday..... they will order it today.. 825 installed...

i need to update my pics..a rrrgg.g. soon i promise!

chris

Old 12-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I paid $2150.00 In payments. It takes a few weeks for them to make it for me but it is custom painted and installed.It is HEAVY DUTY. I know it is extremely expensive compared to the ranch hand, but I made payments here and there until I paid it off. I am much happier though with the look, than If I would have bought a ranch hand. I also wanted to have a winch since I almost got stuck with the family in the middle of nowhere in the Nevada back roads.Here is some more pics.

I have posted these pics on the winch thread. The front is heavy and I am trying to find some heavy duty coil springs. Not that I need them right now, but I am looking for them for my piece of mind. I also don't expect to see many people with this front end either and I kinda like that.
looks awsome with that bumper, tobad bout that spring crap......im pretty sure somebody makes springs out there that can handle the bumpers

Old 12-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Crstfr
going with the frontier truck-gear replacment...

i'll have it on wednesday..... they will order it today.. 825 installed...

i need to update my pics..a rrrgg.g. soon i promise!

chris
haha i am excited for you. can you do me a favor and take a picture from the side with it on and before on the same grade so i can get an idea?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ranch Hand Bumper