2004 - 2008 F-150

REGAL AUTO WASH...carwash broke my mirror!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REGAL AUTO WASH...carwash broke my mirror!

Well, I took my truck for it's first wash yesterday. They finished up and signaled to me that they were done. I tipped the guy, got in my truck, and pulled out of the parking lot. When I looked into the driver side mirror to check the left lane before changing lanes, I noticed that the mirror was totally shattered. I immediately turned around and went back to the Regal Auto Wash. I told the manager about the broken mirror, and he went inside to ask the attendants if they knew anything about my mirror. Apparently, one attendant sort of ran over another attendant with my truck. The mirror on my truck hit the other attendant and snapped the mirror hard against the truck, shattering the glass. It really bothers me that they knew that the mirror broke, but they let me leave the lot without telling me. I went to two different dealers and got estimates of between $250 and $270, parts and labor. I wanted it fixed immediately, so I bought a mirror from a local dealer for $119.50 (including tax) and installed it myself. Regal Auto Wash is telling me that it will take about 30 days to reimburse me for the repair. I just amazes me that they barely apologized for the damage and now they are going to make me wait 30 days to get my $119.50 back. In my opinion, I should get a free carwash every week for a year just for the inconvenience that it caused me. I understand that accidents happen, but when you damage a person's property, you should not act like it didn't happen...especially when the vehicle only has 600 miles on it!

Old 07-24-2004, 06:57 PM
That sucks! The dummies that did it probably thought that you wouldn't notice right away. As for the "one attendant sort of ran over another attendant with my truck" I would have wanted to help clear up that 'Sort of' issue for them.

Old 07-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Angry

Yeah that would tick me off too!

Thats why only I wash my truck!

Old 07-24-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Cincy F150
That sucks! The dummies that did it probably thought that you wouldn't notice right away. As for the "one attendant sort of ran over another attendant with my truck" I would have wanted to help clear up that 'Sort of' issue for them.
Yeah...one of the questions on the accident report was "Was the employee drug tested?" I would like to see the results of that drug test!

Old 07-24-2004, 10:35 PM
I am surprised that they would actually drug test at a car wash. Most of the car washes that I have been to usually have quite a few workers that one could assume would have been known to take a toke or two.

Old 07-24-2004, 11:04 PM
thats why no one washes my car except me. that really sucks though. they were probably messing around acting like he was gonna run the guy over and clipped him with the mirror. as for 30 days, thats a bunch of BS. theres no reason it should take that long.

Old 07-25-2004, 12:54 AM
Nearly all of the automatic carwashes I've been to have had a "half us - half you" when it comes to fiscal responsibility for damages such as this. As bad as that sounds, it could be a lot worse, such as - "not responsible for damages of any kind."

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by nitzer280
Nearly all of the automatic carwashes I've been to have had a "half us - half you" when it comes to fiscal responsibility for damages such as this. As bad as that sounds, it could be a lot worse, such as - "not responsible for damages of any kind."

Well, when one worker runs over another worker with the car and damages it, I would think that the damages would be covered 100%. It wasn't like the machine did it!

Old 07-25-2004, 02:53 AM
Exclamation

That can't wash here///they know they hit a worker with your truck......They would be on the hook for it...Here in fact you have 2 guys horsing around with your truck...You should go get your money now or tell them they will pay alot more in court...

You get the money now or your going to see your Lawyer...

Oh what's the name of your lawyer please...

I always stay in my rig when its being washed...

Old 07-25-2004, 08:41 AM
car wash

Up here in Wisconsin there are some times in winter that you just have to take the truck through a car wash,, just too cold to do it yourself,, when this happens i take it through a "brushless" car wash,, take a look around,, there are some real good ones out there,, and YOU take your truck through the wash,, not some idiot
jop

Old 07-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The times that I'm too lazy or the weather's not too good for me to wash my own truck outside, I take mine to a local jobber, 4th Avenue Car Wash in Columbus. Only mirror problems I ever had there was with my Focus, since they couldn't fold the mirrors on that car inwards before running it through the machine. And when they did break the mirrors (yes, plural), Richard at 4th Avenue cut me a check on the spot when I brought them a copy of the repair order for one of my mirrors (the other one I convinced the Ford place to warranty for me).

I guess it all depends on the staff at the car wash. Been taking my cars to 4th Avenue as long as I've been driving, and they've always done me right.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your mirror. I agree with everyone else that they should pay you back immediately for the damages. Waiting 30 days is bull. Give me my money and good-bye! I wouldn't want to get free washes for a year at this place if this is how they treat their customers and my truck!

I wash my truck myself. I am fortunate enought to live in the south and do not have to worry about the weather as much.

So, how hard was it to replace the mirror yourself? What did you do to get to the mirror off and back on? I need to replace my passenger mirror since I broke the turn signal lens backing out of the garage. It bent backwards nicely and the mirror did not break but the turn signal light did.
(I was backing it out to wash it in the driveway. HA HA HA! )

My dealer says I have to replace the whole mirror and quoted me the same as yours; I told him to forget it. I took some crazy glue to it and fixed it myself for now but would still like to some day fix it properly.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by BoogityBoogityB
So, how hard was it to replace the mirror yourself? What did you do to get to the mirror off and back on?
The entire inside door panel has to be removed, then there are four bolts that hold the mirror on. The whole job took about 45 minutes. There are two scews at the bottom of the door panel, two screws behind the door handle, on screw below the window and lock control panel, and four screws holding the door speaker in place. Once all of these screws are removed, you have to remove the two white spacers that the bottom screws go into on the speaker. Then, you just lift the door panel up an off. Once the door panel is removed, you will see the four bolts holding the mirror on the door. You will have to peel back a very small piece of plastic, but don't worry, it sticks right back down. Unplug the electricl connection to the mirror, remove the four nuts, and pull the mirror off. Reinstallation is the reverse...hope this was clear. Just pay attention to the routing of wires before removing, so the the wires come through the correct openings when it has been reinstalled. Good luck...you will save yourself about $150.

Old 08-27-2004, 07:14 PM
[i]on screw below the window and lock control panel, [/B]

arghh where is this screw (from my wifi laptop in the drive 102 F)

Old 08-27-2004, 07:31 PM
I would die before I would let anyone touch my truck, let alone wash it!! I bet you could do a better job yourself anyway.

Quick Reply: REGAL AUTO WASH...carwash broke my mirror!