2004 - 2008 F-150

Tailgate Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailgate Adjustment

Hi All,

I had my Line-X bedliner sprayed last weekend (which looks great by the way), but for some reason, they didn't line the tailgate up correctly (I have a larger gap on one side than the other, and the right side of the tailgate sticks out about an eighth of an inch).

My luck, I didn't notice this until I drove the 80 minutes back home. So, I'd rather do the adjustment myself, as I'm sure it is quite easy, correct? So, how do I go about doing so?

Many thanks in advance!
-Justyn

Last edited by SOCRATES; 07-23-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could try taking it off and see if there is any Line-X causing this problem. They may not have trimed it correctly. Then Try putting the tailgate back on and line it up yourself. ONE WORD OF CAUTION have some one help you when taking it on and off BECAUSE it can be kind of awkward and heavy by yourself.
Good Luck.

Old 07-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Yes, try to get a second pair of hands. I tried taking off the tailgate to my previous truck (99 ranger) and i needed i second body. And this tailgate is heavier, so just dont try to pull it off by yourself muscles.

Old 07-24-2004, 01:11 AM
I took mine off and then put it back on. its not too heavy maybe 50 lbs. I took mine off to see if I could figure a way to adjust the torsion bar to lift more of the weight of the gate. couldn't so I put it back on. it realy easy just open it half way to a 45 degree angle or so and pull back it will just pop out of a slot in the sides. the only other things holding the tail gate on is the cables that supports the tailgate. I don't see how it could be off to one side though.

Old 07-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Re: Tailgate Adjustment

Originally posted by SOCRATES
Hi All,

I had my Line-X bedliner sprayed last weekend (which looks great by the way), but for some reason, they didn't line the tailgate up correctly (I have a larger gap on one side than the other, and the right side of the tailgate sticks out about an eighth of an inch).

My luck, I didn't notice this until I drove the 80 minutes back home. So, I'd rather do the adjustment myself, as I'm sure it is quite easy, correct? So, how do I go about doing so?

Many thanks in advance!
-Justyn
I had/have the same "exact" problem. As I was reading this Post, I had to check to see that it wasn't me who posted it!

Old 07-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Re: Re: Tailgate Adjustment

Well, I will take a look at this weekend and see what I can figure out. Thanks for the replies!

-J

Old 07-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Re: Re: Tailgate Adjustment

Originally posted by fatboy0103@***.
I had/have the same "exact" problem. As I was reading this Post, I had to check to see that it wasn't me who posted it!
Ok and what answer did you come up with ??? Did you get it fixed...Can anyone post a picture...?

Quick Reply: Tailgate Adjustment