2004 - 2008 F-150

Sub box suggestions for SCAB needed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub box suggestions for SCAB needed!

Hello all,

I'm looking to put a 10" sub under the rear seat of my SCAB. I'm open to the driver or passenger side right now.

The box only needs to be around .5 to .75 cu ft., so not huge.

I know some people here have some great installs, so I was wondering if you would mind sharing tips, suggestions, dimensions maybe?!??

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Re: Sub box suggestions for SCAB needed!

Originally posted by ieee_raider
Hello all,

I'm looking to put a 10" sub under the rear seat of my SCAB. I'm open to the driver or passenger side right now.

I know some people here have some great installs, so I was wondering if you would mind sharing tips, suggestions, dimensions maybe?!??

Thanks!
Not many 10'' subs will fit under the seat. Not deep enough. The deepest mounting deep for a sub is about 4.5'' with the seat down, and that does not leave much room for the sub to move and back vent. You might get more answers asking in the "subwoofer forum.

Old 07-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Re: Sub box suggestions for SCAB needed!

Hello all,

Thanks!
Not many 10'' subs will fit under the seat. Not deep enough. The deepest mounting deep for a sub is about 4.5'' with the seat down, and that does not leave much room for the sub to move and back vent. You might get more answers asking in the "subwoofer forum''.

Sorry for the double post, site won't let me delete it.

Last edited by Dupuis; 07-20-2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:14 PM
That's ok.

My mounting depth is only 3.5" ... it's got a super-wide magnet instead of super-deep. It's an MB Quart Premium, so being a good sub, it doesn't require taht large of an enclosure.

I've seen dual-10" enclosures, so I basically just need one side of one of those... lol

Old 07-20-2004, 12:16 PM
I currently run a dual 10" box under my rear seat Scab and it fits, looks and sounds great. You can definitely fit 2 10s or 1 under the rear, you just need to pick the right sub. Newer subs tend to be deeper but if you look around you will find a few good quality ones that will work. As far as the box goes, a single will most likely take up half of the space under the rear, I honestly went with two because I wanted a more uniform look back there, but thats just my opinion.
I purchased my box from soundoffaudio.com and it was here in 2 weeks absolutely perfect.
Hope that helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Old 07-20-2004, 12:33 PM
I am running a dual box from musicmooseaudio.com that I bought from StickerSteve. One of the speaker openings is covered and I am running a single Audiobahn 10" with about 900 watts bridged to it mounted in the other opening. It sounds good. I am a little biased though because I was running 2 15" subs in my SVT Contour, so going to 1 10" is a big difference. If you decide to have a box made from musicmoose or subbox or whoever, they will make a box with only one opening on it when you order it. If you are planning to build your own box, I can give you the specs on mine. I am thinking to change it out and build a fiberglass enclosure for it, I just need to find the time and get up off my duff and do it. I hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2004, 12:47 PM
fazman,

That would be awesome. After looking at the enclosure, the side that I prefer would probably be the passenger side. So, if you could give me the basic dimensions of that side, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Trending Topics

Old 07-20-2004, 12:52 PM
You should try Dave at SuperCrewSound. Their boxes have .64 cubic feet per subwoofer and have a 5.25" mounting depth. They have the dual as well as the single box.
Dave has been really helpful with questions regarding sub/amp combos that I have had.

Old 07-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Dupuis, I love your install... looks nice.

That's custom, right?

You wouldn't happen to mind sharing your dimensions, would you?

Old 07-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Dupuis, I love your install... looks nice.

That's custom, right?

You wouldn't happen to mind sharing your dimensions, would you?

Thanks, it's very custom.

Here you go.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ght=under+seat

Old 07-20-2004, 11:43 PM
hey i have 2 10's in my 04 supercab! look at my gallery in www.fordtruckworld.com my name is JordanT14 maybe that could help you decide on some boxes! it was a very simple box to make!

Old 11-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does anyone have this

link

Quick Reply: Sub box suggestions for SCAB needed!