2004 - 2008 F-150

After market opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After market opinions please

Just picked up my 5th F150 last week. Previous where a 76, 83, 88, and 96. Wish this board had been around for info on some of the others. I want opinions on some of my ideas. Autospring for front leveling seems to be a given. Intake-K&N or Airraid. Nerf bars-too many to keep track of. Tonneau cover-anyone with experience with Extang RT. Thanks.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Hey your best bet is to do a search on the site for specific interests you have, if you cant find it then hit up the board. There is a lot of good past information on here, we just tend to forget about it.

Old 07-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Weclome to the board!

You can't go wrong with an autospring/daystar. A lot of folks are holding out the the K&N intake kit. Think they are putting some good R&D time into to get it right!

Westin nurf bars are popular around here, as are the ford-factory ones!

If you ever get around to it, Magnaflow is the exhaust of choice, unless you want noise, then it's FlowMaster. Couple guys with Borla setups, too.

The search function is your friend, and I'm a sarcastic SOB, so don't take any of my posts too seriously. Except for this one.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Nerf bars

I recently installed a set of these http://n-fab.com/products/bars.asp and am happy with the look and funtionality.
You can get them through 4Wheel parts under their GSP (Genuine Steel Parts) brand for a bit less then anywhere else I found.

Congrats on the new truck

Last edited by TX Fx4; 07-15-2004 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by dzervit
Weclome to the board!

You can't go wrong with an autospring/daystar. A lot of folks are holding out the the K&N intake kit. Think they are putting some good R&D time into to get it right!

Westin nurf bars are popular around here, as are the ford-factory ones!

If you ever get around to it, Magnaflow is the exhaust of choice, unless you want noise, then it's FlowMaster. Couple guys with Borla setups, too.

The search function is your friend, and I'm a sarcastic SOB, so don't take any of my posts too seriously. Except for this one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

what he said x 2 ............... welcome and congrats on your NEWEST truck ..

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=4362

Old 07-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Heres what I have:
nerf bars; Westin Black $199.95 with tax installed (Nov 03)

Flowmaster 70 series DIDO fm cats out the rea w/Chrome Corvette tips $285.00 out the door

Tonneau cover: went with the K-Cover 4panel as I like the functionality of being able to cary an oversized load in the bed without having the lid sticking 10 feet in the air

K&N drop in filter $42.00 'cause the induction system ain't ready yet

Beltechh 2" lowering shackleson the rear $89.00 delivered to house 45 minute install in back yard

Congrates on the new F-150 the most wasome light duty full size pick-up truck on the planet. Check out the album for mods

Quick Reply: After market opinions please