2004 - 2008 F-150

Seat Stains

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Stains

Hey All,
I couldnt find it discussed anywhere else and was wondering what everyone uses to remove stains from the seats. I have the kind of light grey cloth seats, and EVERYTHING tends to stain them, even water. Ive tried some, apholstry cleaners but none seem to work.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:31 PM
I've had the same problem, currently I have a ring stain in my pass. seat because my friend sat in it in his wet swim suit. My friend who details got them out before, but I don't remember what he used. When he gets back into town, I will find out.

Brian

Old 07-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Ditto for me also. I have the gray interior, and the seats have many stains. I tote coffee and sometimes Gatorade to work everyday. I will follow this thread with great interest.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Yup me too, I used Armor All OxyMagic fabric cleaner and the result was a big 6 inch ring, called Armor All they hadnt a clue how to get it out. finally got it out using TurtleWax Power Out, not quite perfect, but close enough that you would have to look hard to see any marks

Old 07-12-2004, 10:28 PM
I bought some Prestone Interior cleaner. Come in a red can with a brush on the can. So far it has worked better than thing I have tried.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:29 PM
this stuff has always served me well:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1420278

You should be able to find "tuff suff" at your local auto parts store!!

Old 07-12-2004, 10:34 PM
I have had a lot of these stains. As a result of 1. sunroof open during a whole night of storms. 2. Wet clothes on the seats. 3. Wet dog on the seats, etc.

My local car wash has a shampoo machine. Not one of the car wash places that you drive through, but the place where you do it yourself. It's part of one of the vacuums. It has a shampoo machine that spits out suds and a brush that you can scrub them in with, then another hose that has some awesome sucking power (ha ha). I have used it on 3 different occasions, and it has worked perfectly every time.

Maybe you can find one in your area??

Trending Topics

Old 07-12-2004, 10:35 PM
dzervit, I think thats a bad link. But anyway, I went to the web site and searched for the product number and sure enough, ive tried it. Thanks for the suggestions though. I think Ill try the prestone stuff next.

TUFF, Actually we just got two of those things in a couple weeks ago. I tried them last night and it did ok. Ill have to go overthere again and try it again. Your not kidding about the sucking power.

Last edited by fordabbits; 07-12-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:24 PM
I've been able to remove every stain acquired on my XLT cloth seats since October '03 with the Bissel 'Little Green Machine'. Every household should have one. Bissel: please send my endorsement check to the usual address.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:44 PM
I use my Bissel machine as well. About a month after I got my truck, I went to the local farmers market and I had picked up a Venti mocha right before. As I turned to back into my spot, I dumped the whole thing on my console cover. The Bissell cleaned it right up. They do say in the owners manual not 'soak' the seat material. I had to go back after my initial try because it left a ring but with limited shampoo it dried without the ring. The tan interior is a pain to keep clean.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've dealt with several tough stains when detailing vehicles (mainly my mom's for some reason). To date, the best product that I've found is Blue Magic Carpet Stain and Spot Lifter.

I've seen this product just about everywhere including Wally Hell and AutoZone.

I think the price is around $4.50/can at most of the stores and, for that price, even if it fails on your particular stains, I'd keep it around the house for other occasions on the carpet and such. I really like the stuff.

RP

Old 07-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Rock Pick you are correct! The Blue Magic Stain Remover is the best product for stain removals that I have ever used. I have not found any stain that this cleaner will not clean up. The only issue is the strong odor that it leaves behind. That ammonia in the cleaner is really intense! Now when I use it, I leave the windows cracked for a few days and the smell disappears much faster.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Grimalkin
I've been able to remove every stain acquired on my XLT cloth seats since October '03 with the Bissel 'Little Green Machine'. Every household should have one. Bissel: please send my endorsement check to the usual address.

3rd vote for the Bissel.

Use it for carpets and headliners too.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:59 AM
I also use the Preston cleaner but I haven't had to use it on my seats yet. That's what the ultra-cheap Cabela's Universal Fit Seat Covers were purchased for. They're no pretty but they do get the job done. Especially when you come home soaked with sea-water and the stench of fish. Just pull them off and toss em in the washer.

Old 07-13-2004, 12:50 PM
If your seats are getting stained, you might want to try using some protection. They use to call that pecker tracks... Some of you will understand.

I just could help myself. This post was just sitting there asking for it.

Last edited by carpenter; 07-13-2004 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Seat Stains