2004 - 2008 F-150

Adios, visor decals.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 10:15 AM
led
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adios, visor decals.

I just couldn't control my desire to pick at those visor decals when I pulled in my driveway this morning.

I decided to pick just a little at one corner to see how firmly they were glued down. Of course, they were stuck on there like white on rice... however I managed to pry that corner up enough to where it bothered me.

Not one to leave a job unfinished... I pried away, keeping my free hand pressed firmly on the fabric just behind where I was pulling on the decal; thinking it would possibly help prevent stretching the fabric, due to the amount of force required to remove the decal.

The decals did leave some glue behind. After almost an hour of lightly brushing it with Goo Gone applied to a paper towel, all the funk was removed from both visors.

If you examine it closely, you can see where the decals were affixed... though it's not obvious at a casual glance.

MUCH better.

I don't know how I went almost 2.5 years with those decals on my previous truck (2002 F-250 XLT Supercab 4x4). The fact that the interior in the new truck is so nice probably has a lot to do with it. With that gorgeous tan leather interior, those decals were just plain... offensive!

Later,
Gary

Old 07-11-2004, 12:05 PM
I tried....and failed. I can't stand those stickers. I was so dumb and tried a hair dryer on the lowest setting and tried to hold it far enough away so it didn't catch fire or melt....but it slightly melted a spot about the size of this thing Anyone know where I can get some visor organizers that are grey cloth? Most I have found are black or the cruddy material in grey. Or if you have any other ideas to fix!?!

Old 07-12-2004, 12:50 PM
01sport provided a link months ago with new decals that you can cover up those ugly visor decals. The link he provided is below.

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,92.htm

Old 07-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Black trucks in the sun always win!

I went out to my truck sitting in the sun a couple of minutes ago. About 90 outside; truck sitting in the sun all today. Go out there and the decals came of so easily it took about 60 seconds for all three!

Quick Reply: Adios, visor decals.