2004 - 2008 F-150

Truck Build Time....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Build Time....

Is there anyone on here that would know about how long the wait is right now on these trucks? I ordered on May 17th my truck (see signature), and I am wondering when it is going to be here. Don't know if anyone has any insight or can give me a timeframe, cause the 8 weeks is going to be Monday, and I don't even have a build date yet, but I haven't called the dealer since last week. If anyone can help me out here, lemme know. Thanks in advance. I'm beginning to pull out my hair here!!!

Old 07-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Wow...I ordered mine in Feb and got it 4 weeks later in March. See sig for truck type. You should ask your dealer if they have an allocation issue. But if they do have an allocation issue, they might not admit it. That wait time is excessive if you ask me (for a super cab).

Old 07-08-2004, 05:37 PM
I'm picking mine up tomorrow! Ordered on April 26, built week of June 14, sat in Windsor for over a week waiting to be shipped to Toronto. Waited a few more days for chrome running boards and the dealer to get their act together. Almost 11 weeks. Was told 6-8 at time of order. I hope it's worth the wait. I think it would be better for everyone concerned if they just said 12 weeks from the time of order. Then I wouldn't get pissed off and yell at the sales
lady and her boss etc. Not that they really seemed to care. Maybe they will surprise me and throw in some oil changes or something.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chilipad
. I hope it's worth the wait.

It sure is ....

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=4362

Old 07-09-2004, 09:22 AM
call your dealer. they should be able to tell you a scheduled build date at this point

Old 07-09-2004, 09:53 AM
I called my dealer yesterday, and all he said to me was when I asked if it had been built, he said he has the paperwork for it, so it must have been built, but the system must not have been update, I don't know if he was full of it, or just telling me that to make me happy, I dunno. I want my truck that is all that I know, and he says there are no holdups, so why is it taking so long?

Old 07-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
8 weeks?

That must mean Ford is pouring em out baby. These trucks are abviously HIGH in demand, I mean geez their everywhere.

Since the demand is so high, that could prolly be why yours is taking so long. You might be inline behind a bunch of other people as well.

maybe?

Old 07-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by roboots21
I called my dealer yesterday, and all he said to me was when I asked if it had been built, he said he has the paperwork for it, so it must have been built, but the system must not have been update, I don't know if he was full of it, or just telling me that to make me happy, I dunno. I want my truck that is all that I know, and he says there are no holdups, so why is it taking so long?
he's full of crap.

he can take the VIN (which if he has paperwork he has a VIN) and he can enter that into the Ford computer to get build date and expected delivery date.

if he tells you any less he is lying. he has the sale so now he's a lazy ***. maybe you should find another salesman on the next truck you buy.

Old 07-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Banned For Abusive Language
roboots21

I ordered the same truck you did, only in grey, about a week after you did, and i was told 2nd or third week in july. So i called the dealer on the 6th, which was supposed to be the last build date, i asked him when it would be here and he said it hadnt been built, and then proceded to explain, after my cursing at him, that ford extended the build date to the 26th of july, and my truck is being built on the 22, and will be here middle to end of august. So im pretty up set, and in the same boat you are. im a little pissed off at the dealer, and ford. And i am deffenitly asking for some compinsation when the truck comes in.

Hope this helps

Old 07-09-2004, 07:57 PM
I ordered mine the 24th of June. Its been 3 weeks. Since the plants are closed for at least another week, Im not getting ready to pick it up yet. It will probably be another 6 weeks or more.

This sucks

Tom

Old 07-09-2004, 09:25 PM
I called the VOPC automated service, and my truck is scheduled to be built on during the week of July 19th, and the dealer told me that the truck should be here at the end of the month, so I hope this is true. The good thing about it I have more time to save up a down payment for the truck, but the thing that sucks is that I DONT HAVE MY TRUCK! Oh well, I can wait, As I said once before, when it gets here.....

Old 07-10-2004, 03:18 PM
AKM
What's the VOPC?

And can I get the number? I ordered my truck on June 3rd and was told that it wouldn't be in till mid-August. When I added on the moonroof, he said it might take even longer now.

Quick Reply: Truck Build Time....