2004 - 2008 F-150

Dog Hair

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try putting my friends 190 lb golden ret. in your truck. Yes I said 190 lbs, and thats was after they shaved it. It has a head the size of a bear. Biggest dog I have ever seen. Both parents were normal size. He also has a 135 lb sharperd. We keep asking him what the hell is he feeding them. We keep telling him to call Ginness (sp) to see if its the biggest living golden ret. What a site.

Oh yea, put your dogs in the bed of the trucks to solve your hair problems.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Those 3M rollers work great, its that or you can trade in your retriever for a Dachsund, they don't shed...

Old 05-24-2004, 06:19 PM
I also keep a 3M lint removing roller in the door pocket to remove dog hair from the carpet. I was really stumped when I first tried to clean the dog hair off the carpet, just as you were! The vacuum cleaner wouldn't remove it! Then, I tried licking my fingers and removing it, but, this really isn't sanitary. Finally, my wife brought out the lint removal roller and it really works great.

Also, I recommend seat covers to keep those dirty paws from ruining the seats in your new truck. I bought the Precision Fit seat covers (Reno, NV) from our local truck accessory dealer. The seat covers were difficult to install (must use a sheet metal type vise grip). But, these are a first class product and look better than the original seat fabric.

My dog loves to ride in my new truck! I take him everywhere with me and just don't get aggravated when he has been rolling around in the mud and then jumps in the truck. We have always had pets and will do anything to accomodate them when riding in our vehicles.

Finally, I want to warn you about the electric window switches on top of the arm rests. My dog has pinched his nose in the window when he accidentally actuated the window with his paw while riding in my truck. I haven't found an answer to this yet. If anybody has a solution, please reply.

Old 05-24-2004, 06:45 PM
I didn't see a seat cover from precision fit for an 04, got any details?

Old 05-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Leather VS. dog paws

I'm considering purchasing a 04 SCrew (new thread coming soon!) and was wondering if anyone has issues w/ their dogs and the leather seats? I have an 85lb Rottie, which just lays there, so I can just get a sheet of some kind. However, I also have a 15lb Minpin that loves to run around. He likes to look out the window, so he rests his paws on top of the door handles. Would this scratch the leather seats or the door rests?

Any suggestions/comments on protecting my leather? I have an '02 Screw with cloth now, and I'm just salivating over the leather!

Old 05-24-2004, 06:58 PM
I got the Precision Fit seat covers (precisionfitseatcovers.com) from Suburban Toppers (suburbantoppers.com) in Denver (303)-320-8677 call and talk to Chris the owner. He also has a new F150.

I also purchased an ARE bed cover and BedRug from them for my 2004 F150 flareside.

Last edited by hihosilver; 05-24-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Finally, I want to warn you about the electric window switches on top of the arm rests. My dog has pinched his nose in the window when he accidentally actuated the window with his paw while riding in my truck. I haven't found an answer to this yet. If anybody has a solution, please reply.
If you have power windows, you should also have the power window lockout switch. It's a switch just below the switches for the 4 windows (super cab and crew). Lock out the windows so nobody can put the window up by accident. The driver's window controls will always work though.

Old 05-25-2004, 08:57 AM
Has anyone else tried one of these in our trucks?

http://www.pettails.com/pettrha.html

I have a Scab and this works great for me.

Old 05-25-2004, 12:30 PM
I have no problem with the aforementioned people/animals riding with me, unless of course they smoke, fart, or shed in my truck.

Old 05-25-2004, 03:08 PM
My dog sheds and farts. Given a choice, I'd rather she shed more, fart less.

Old 05-25-2004, 07:15 PM
lamennais

My beautiful Golden Retriever "Penny" rides everywhere with me.
I use a dry household sponge on the hair on the carpets. Works like a charm. [BTW, my Lariat has a black carpet .]

Regards,
Mark

Old 05-26-2004, 02:28 AM
My dog Spirit...

She sheds hair all the time cause she stays in the house with us year round...but I would never put a dog in the back of the truck...any truck...Wish I could get her to stop putting her dool on the windows...but that life...who wants to drive alone,not me...she loves to come for a ride...Clean up is not that bad anyway...and she don't fart or smoke...

Old 05-26-2004, 08:37 AM
I have read a post that criticized someone for complaining about cargo space in the back of the extended cabs.

As the poster replied to that person, trucks have a bed. Dogs like it back there. My philosophy is that dogs live outside and people live inside. Hair problem solved! ha

Old 05-26-2004, 09:44 AM
My dog rides in the bed as well. He would rather be back there than anywhere in the world. In fact, when I bought my house (and before the fence was up), he "ran away" twice, and both times I found him in the bed of the truck.

He will ride there from Atlanta, Ga to Gulfport, Ms (435 miles) and not think anything of it. If it is above 95 degrees, or below 30 degrees and I am on a road trip, he rides in the cab.

I can't get those 'sticky rollers' to pick up anything out of the carpet or the backs of the seats, they do fine everywhere else. I use the vacuum cleaner attachment that is like a brush. Swirl it around as you vacuum and it will pick it up. It mostly stays in the brush, but you can easily pull it out and drop it, the vacuum sucks it right up!

I'll have to try the rubber glove trick.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Try the rubber glove trick guys. It works like a charm!!! I recently used it when I was detailing my neighbor's Maxima (he has a HUSKY that sheds like no other dog I've ever seen!!! -- We could've bailed that stuff out of there!)

RP

Quick Reply: Dog Hair