2004 - 2008 F-150

Truck Prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Prices

Just saw an add on TV for 2004 STX's going for $16,800. The new style is starting to get cheaper. They were advertising $7000 off. Good time to buy!

Old 05-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Re: Truck Prices

Originally posted by Sticker Steve
Just saw an add on TV for 2004 STX's going for $16,800. The new style is starting to get cheaper. They were advertising $7000 off. Good time to buy!
Yep, I waited and waited to buy my Lariat SCab checking out prices each month since January for a good incentive and interest rate combo on the Lariat.

In April, I was also a little concerned that the interest rates would go up cancelling out any other rebate's value. I decided that things were as low as they would get and pulled the trigger April 30th.

I tried to time the purchase at the bottom, but, I'm curious if May31st will be better or if the interest rates will go up and cancel out further rebates.

I had no problem getting $5500 rebate on the Lariats even though it wasn't advertised on those models. However they wanted to do Rebate OR Interest not Rebate AND Interest. I had to shop around to find both and got 1.9% financed through the Dealer not FMC.

I'm paying about $125 a month less for my 2004 Lariat SCab than I did for my 1997 Cobra which is nice. The Lariat MSRP is about $5K higher, but, I was at 8.25% in Nov 1996.

Love them interest rates, Mr. Greenspan

Old 05-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Re: Re: Truck Prices

Originally posted by scottkennedy
Yep, I waited and waited to buy my Lariat SCab checking out prices each month since January for a good incentive and interest rate combo on the Lariat.

In April, I was also a little concerned that the interest rates would go up cancelling out any other rebate's value. I decided that things were as low as they would get and pulled the trigger April 30th.

I tried to time the purchase at the bottom, but, I'm curious if May31st will be better or if the interest rates will go up and cancel out further rebates.

I had no problem getting $5500 rebate on the Lariats even though it wasn't advertised on those models. However they wanted to do Rebate OR Interest not Rebate AND Interest. I had to shop around to find both and got 1.9% financed through the Dealer not FMC.

I'm paying about $125 a month less for my 2004 Lariat SCab than I did for my 1997 Cobra which is nice. The Lariat MSRP is about $5K higher, but, I was at 8.25% in Nov 1996.

Love them interest rates, Mr. Greenspan
Hi Scott,
Who did you buy from and what price did you get. How was the dealer service, etc. I'm looking at Lariat Screws in Orlando right now. You can IM me if you like.
Thanks

Old 05-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Well, I would PM but it says "administrator disabled" ...

I emailed dealers off the Edmunds TMV request-a-quote. Even though Edmunds says that you pick an exact model for quoting, the Dealers will say it will only tells them something like (2004 F150 Lariat 4x2 SCab) and they will email you some hogwash saying "we'd love to give you a quote, but, we need to know what options you want so you need to come by".

What I did then, was I went to each dealer's website and searched their inventory and found identical trucks and sent them the VIN# requesting the quote on that exact vehicle (MSRP $32,940). This was a 2Tone Lariat SCab 4x2 with 5.4L V8, 3.73 LS, Tow Package, Audiophile, Power Rear Window, and Leather Trim.

Of the dealers that initially responded and then had a similarly equiped vehicle, the three lowest were in order as follows.

1- HeintzlemanTrucks w/ DonHarris $27,940 ($5500 off MSRP)
2- DonReidFord w/ ****Warzolla $28,262 ($4678 off MSRP)
3- SunStateFord w/ ChrisLafore $28,834 ($4106 off MSRP)

From there to the door, it's obviously YMMV. I had a trade-in and a little cash for tax-tag-title. I spent 9 hours haggling from that starting-point with all three, before making a deal at DonReid, so maybe I shouldn't say "I had no problem" but it wasn't really a problem, just part of the system we have

Last edited by scottkennedy; 05-17-2004 at 12:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Truck Prices