2004 - 2008 F-150

DVD player in the rail system

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD player in the rail system

Okay, I want to put a DVD player/screen in the rail system. I am okay with FM modulation, but i have the 6 disc changer with the AUX button. Anyone done this yet? What did you use?

Old 05-12-2004, 10:56 AM
This has been discussed...

Suggest you do a search, as I don't have a link readily available.

If you are going to do FM modulation, then your dvd signal will be played over the radio, and not via that Aux button.

If you want to go with the Ford DVD for the rail, then you will have to wait until they make the wiring harness available to use the Aux button.

There are some aftermarket vendors working on cracking the protocol for the Aux button, but nothing available yet.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:21 PM
thanks for the tip - I found some great info on the rail system on one thread.

Also, I googled a vendor on a DVD system that is designed specifically for the rail system.

http://mobilevideo.spotmarket.net/pr...roducts_id/421

This is the ONLY product that I found specifically for our trucks. It was released late last month.

Anyone actually SEEN one installed?

Old 05-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Doesn't really match the style of the F150 though.

Really hard to tell how this wires into the system. I also like the click to enlarge feature. It pops up the same small image in a different window.

Old 05-12-2004, 03:39 PM
just to confirm. the aux only works with the factory dvd. for aftermarket dvd's fm modulated will be required.

and we ( rail / dvd supplier) are working on an aftermarket harness with additional aux power leads for the factory dvd.

Ramb

Old 05-12-2004, 05:15 PM
I have the stock ford unit its great, I would try and find one of them its very versatile comes with a remote and 2 sets of wireless headphones they are capable of listening to the CD, DVD or the radio even change stations and volume independent of what the driver and front passanger are listening to. with one exception you cant listen to 2 different radio stations at the same time. though they are very hard to find i looked all over to find a new f 150 with it installed already.

Mike

Old 05-12-2004, 06:14 PM
my acura MDX has a great a/v unit as far a dual tuner is concerned and I would love to see this in my F150. I have had two expeditions and this acura design far exceeds the expedition features and functionality.

Unfortunately I don't want to wait for the rail system as i want to get the value out of it now since I don't own cars that long. Based on what I have read on this forum, I am thinking I should replace the head unit with a dvd player. I bought off the lot and got a great deal. There were no factory installed DVDs anywhere near me.

Oh well, live and learn.

Trending Topics

Old 05-14-2004, 11:13 PM
the good news with the rail system is that when modules become available, you can add them to your truck. we hope to release the wire harness soon so that dvd's (with harness included) can be puchased and installed

Ramb

Old 05-15-2004, 10:37 AM
ramb: any idea on a date? ballpark...

Old 05-20-2004, 04:28 PM
with the red tape of our billion dollar company and Ford's ....... a couple months???????

the harness sample is right here in my office.

I will post all over the board when the dvd is available.....

thanks for the interest

Ramb

Old 05-20-2004, 05:07 PM
so the only thing left is to get the sample from YOUR office to MY office - then problem solved for me!

Quick Reply: DVD player in the rail system