2004 - 2008 F-150

Backing Empty Trailer, You might like this

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backing Empty Trailer, You might like this

http://www.hitchingguides.com/

I tow a 17ft boat and when backing the empty trailer you cannot see the trailer through the back window because the bed is too high,, i found this above site with magnetic floresant tubes that i can place on the rear of my empty trailer when backing it into the water to load the boat ,, you can then look thru the rear window and use the tubes to back the trailer,,alot easier than using the mirrors,,i also bought the 10 inch extenders and siliconed them on, just some more info for f150 buddies,, $20 plus shipping
john

Old 05-02-2004, 04:36 AM
cool...thanks for the info

Old 05-02-2004, 12:20 PM
A quickie fix is to put down the tailgate before you back the trailer down the ramp.

Old 05-02-2004, 12:31 PM
I have the same problem, trying to back my boat trailer in without a boat on it....... So yesterday I went to Walmart and got two of those long fiberglass rods with flags on them for bikes, and mounted the brackets to my trailer. You can drop them in when backing up, and pull them out when trailering. Going to try them out today!! As far as dropping the tailgate, I cant do.. got the undercover tonneau. But I like the idea of using those ones to hook up the trailer.

Hak

Quick Reply: Backing Empty Trailer, You might like this