2004 - 2008 F-150

Scuffed the leather wrapped steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Scuffed the leather wrapped steering wheel

I somehow managed to go six months without getting one blemish inside or outside of the truck. Then yesterday pulling into my driveway, as I allowed the wheel to straighten itself out during my turn in, my thumbnail caught the steering wheel in just the wrong way and made about six tiny little cut/scuff marks on my leather wrapped steering wheel. They're ever so tiny and will only be seen by me, but the problem is that second part. I can see them every time I look at the wheel, becuase I know where they are and I did it in such an annoying way.

Is there anything I can do to sort of manicure the wheel back to looking just like new? Anyone know of a remedy to make leather scuff marks disappear?

Old 04-28-2004, 10:57 AM
That sucks. Is the color just knocked off the wheel or is it physicaly missing leather in those nicks? SEM make lots of interior dyes in factory oem colors. Can be had at Body/paint supply shops but would only replace the colors, not the nicks. If it is the color, i'd look into just touching up the color with a small brush, not paint the whole wheel.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:20 AM
It's more like little nicks. The leather didn't come off the wheel. It's like six tiny little flaps of leather where my nail hit it. Just enough to **** me off.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Possible to use some sort of glue that's safe on leather to glue the "little flaps" back down???

Quick Reply: Scuffed the leather wrapped steering wheel