2004 - 2008 F-150

Off Road 04

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off Road 04

is it better to have a 6" lift for off road, or spacers, or a body lift? When I look at all these land rover clubs, they have mostly stock stuff and a reputation for off road ability. What is the deal with this and for our new 04s with the new front suspension, what is the big deal about getting a lift? Will the truck really perform better? Anybody have some experience yet?

Old 04-27-2004, 08:31 AM
I say the 6" would give you the most bang for your buck. Even better would be a long travel kit. The biggest advantage is the tire size your able to run along with less a chance of high centering and more bumper clearance for transitions. Any time a larger tire goes through the same bump, dip, it will handle it better. A long travel kit has all the race shocks and spring rates. Have not seen one yet for the 04's, but I'm sure someone will offer one before long.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:36 AM
Not to mention the 04 with a lift looks better than stock by far!!

Old 04-27-2004, 08:40 AM
I forgot that part They look sweet!

Old 04-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Putting in something like a Daystar Leveling kit or a 6" lift increases your ground clearance. And in turn this improves your approach angle and your break over angle. Also allows for larger tires.

Getting a body lift only helps you to use larger tires and does nothing for clearance (to the frame)

What I've experienced is that the 4x4 LSD F150 is a VERY capeable truck on low traction surfaces.

If you plan on going off roading on rough or rocky terrain, or deep puddles, i'd get a lift. Elsewise let it be. (Or if you think it looks cool.)

-ii

Old 04-27-2004, 11:28 AM
I agree. I myself am interested in the lift for looks (short term) and offroad (long term - it hurts to see her dirty right now and warrenty stuff)
Also I think the body lifts mess around with the current mounting points which I think for put a lot of effort into redesigning. Dont you have to cut them off and replace them with the cheap spacers? I lifted my Blazer and it makes the truck taller without the clearance gain and it exposes a lot more of your frame. I really think the best way to go is a quality lift. I even thought of doing a Daystar and getting some bigger blocks for the back to make a 2.5 inch lift but I think I will wait on the Rancho.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Will a 35" tire fit in the spare slot? Will a 33" even fit?

Quick Reply: Off Road 04