2004 - 2008 F-150

Another Dealer Probem!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Dealer Problem!

Went out last week and noticed some oil on the floor of my garage. I investigate and see that my rear axle seals are leaking. OK, no big deal right? I'll just take it down to the dealership and get it fixed. I drop it off first thing in the morning so I would be able to get it back that same day. I get it back, take it home and leave it there for the night. Overall I THOUGHT that the repair went smoothly for a change. The next day, going to work I am almost there and I hit a light. I put down the gas to get going again when the light turns green and at the same time I think I did too. I felt the dreaded chatter. Needless to say, I'm pissed off and think they put the wrong fluid back in the rearend when they topped it up the other day.

I get to work, phone up my service guy, he's giving me some bullsh*t about my u-joints being the problem (riiiight...) I figure its the clutch-packs like I have read about here and tell him so. I told him I would bring in my truck to get fixed asap and he says he'll write up the work-order. I get there the next day and he still doesn't believe me! I tell him I want a mechanic I know who has been a journeyman mechanic for 35+ years to take a look at it for me, not just hook it up to some computer to tell me nothing is wrong. Service guy gives in, and my mechanic drives me to work in my truck. He knew what the problem was within 30 seconds of pulling out of the parking lot. He told me it was the clutch-packs and said he was going to find out who did the service on my truck.

Anyways, ends up noone would tell him who worked on my truck and I have no way of finding out since they never give me any paperwork when I take my truck in to get things fixed. I have taken my truck back to the dealership about 6-7 times already and although warranty makes it no big deal, it does get frustrating trying to make time to deal with it.

Thanks for listening to my rant for today... I think I am going to go crack a case now

Last edited by GotTorque?04; 04-24-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Angry

THAT BLOWS! I WORKED AT A DEALERSHIP FOR YEARS AND IT ALWAYS SURPRISES ME TO SEE HOW UNPROFESSIONAL DEALER STAFF CAN BE. THEY FORGET THAT THEY REPRESENT THE MANUFACTURER LOCALLY.

Old 04-24-2004, 07:10 PM
I have never trusted the dealer to work on my vehicles, it seems they always treat your vehicle as if it wasn't theirs.

Old 04-24-2004, 07:30 PM
I think part of the problem is, the techs in the back try to rush through warranty work for some reason. In the short span of time in which I have owned this truck nothing ever is fixed right the first time. When I got the truck, the door's weren't aligned properly and let it in quite a bit of windnoise. Had to adjust them twice. From there I had to get the passenger side wiper adjusted since it wasnt sitting/working right. In the process of fixing it, they brake my cowl and there is another 2 1/2 months of waiting for the part to arrive. Before I paid for the truck I told them they would have to fix the passenger side running board since it was tented upwards, and even that took 2 months to arrive. Call me uptight, but when I am throwing down this kind of money at my age (maybe another reason they dont take me seriously?), I want the truck like new. I'm a stiffler for keeping my truck well maintained and clean at all times.

I am hoping that this isnt a sign of things to come!

Old 04-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Probably cause Ford screws the dealers on the amount of time they allow for warranty repairs

THe techs go over that time limit the dealer eats the labor costs

Old 04-24-2004, 09:19 PM
True enough at some dealerships, but the techs at my dealership dont work flat rate. They have set salaries, so they get paid even if they aren't working on a vehicle.

Quick Reply: Another Dealer Probem!