2004 - 2008 F-150

Grill, Door Handles & Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Grill, Door Handles & Mirrors

Has anyone painted there door handles, FX4 grill or rear view mirrors? Please if so post pics.

Old 04-10-2004, 12:52 AM
I saw a custom truck shown at SEMA that was painted. It looked awesome. I haven't seen any here though.

Old 04-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Ford should paint the mirriors and door handles. Maybe the 05's?

Old 04-15-2004, 11:02 AM
I disagree with the painting of the door handles and mirrors. I'm just thinking that if those items were painted they'd scratch easier. I know on my wife's vehicle, her handle area is all sratched up from her wedding ring scraping against it. And as far as the mirrors, with a mirror of this size, on a truck this size, it's bound to get smacked into by something at some point. I think the black textured plastic would withstand a hit better than a painted mirror.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Guigster
I disagree with the painting of the door handles and mirrors. I'm just thinking that if those items were painted they'd scratch easier. I know on my wife's vehicle, her handle area is all sratched up from her wedding ring scraping against it. And as far as the mirrors, with a mirror of this size, on a truck this size, it's bound to get smacked into by something at some point. I think the black textured plastic would withstand a hit better than a painted mirror.
EXACTLY....It looks nice, but durability is more important to me....but, thats just me

Quick Reply: Grill, Door Handles & Mirrors