2004 - 2008 F-150

Bug shield fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bug shield fitment?

I just put my bug shield on and it doesn't fit very well in the crners where it meets the grill. Is this normal or do i need to do something ro make it fit better. Or is it normal? I know the grill was rubbing on the hood and rubbed a hole in the paint so i feel better spacing it out with the shield. Next step is a soft Tonneau cover Thanx John

Old 04-06-2004, 10:32 PM
I don't understand how 'the grill was rubbing on the hood' when the entire grill assembly is bolted to the hood.

For a close-up of a proper shield fit, see:

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?gnum=3886

Old 04-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Hey Grimalkin:

Where did you get your "speed grills"? Is that a brand or a style? I like the idea of stopping up that lower hole. One rock through that hole at speed and your radiator is gonna be hurtin'.

Old 04-07-2004, 10:42 AM
It was rubbing on the corner where that picture you have. what i dont like is the way it fits in that corner like the shield or grill needs to be trimmed a little so it goes back some! Hard to explain without seeing it in person.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:53 PM
thorin...Street Scene Speed Grills (trademarked brand) are available via most accessory vendors, either local retailers or on websites. I bought mine at www.central4wd.com because they have a local retail outlet. Go to Google search (speed grills) or
www.streetsceneeq.com and don't pay more than $250 for both grills including shipping.

Re: radiators...yeah, two of 'em...engine coolant and power steering oil cooler.

Speed grills can be installed in 20-30 minutes as boltovers. I would suggest safety wiring them to the OEM grill (or cable ties work great) to prevent theft. The clips that hold them are secure enough, but an evil admirer might want to secure them for $$. In any event, the grills make the issue of washing the OEM moot.

Quick Reply: Bug shield fitment?