2004 - 2008 F-150

Wheel Vibration / Rear Parking Sensor Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Vibration / Rear Parking Sensor Trouble

Just wanted to let you guys know that I too had the Steering wheel vibration and that annoying constant beeping from my rear sensors. I took it into my local dealer. They corrected the vibration by taking each tire off and balancing them on a Roadforce Balance Machine and it cleared the problem up totally. It was worth 39.95. this balance machine seems to be the only one that has been able to repair this problem for good I hope. I also had problems with the reverse sensors going off even when nothing was behind my truck while reversing. It ended up being a bad sensor on the outer drivers side. My dealer did say that they have had to replace this same particular sensor on several 04's equipped with the reverse sensing system. All is well here

Old 04-04-2004, 02:21 PM
The RF balanceing fixed my shimmy/vibration problems as well. One question, why did you have to pay for this being that the truck is under warranty? I would make the dealership reimburse you your money being that there is a TSB on this issue.

Old 04-04-2004, 02:44 PM
I paid for ride match/road force balance from an independent shop because the dealer and Ford refuse to do any more work on my vibration/shimmy problems. The truck is definitely smoother but I still have some vibration at 40 - 50 mph. It did not help the shimmy problem. The front tires were starting to cup so we rotated them and the shimmy is almost gone (slight wiggle at 68 - 72).

Quick Reply: Wheel Vibration / Rear Parking Sensor Trouble