2004 - 2008 F-150

Troyer Performance Stage 1 Performance Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troyer Performance Stage 1 Performance Upgrade

Has anyone looked into this upgrade or had it done to their truck?

I read about it on the TP website here http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...no=Stage104354 and it sounds pretty good. PCM reflash with cusom tuning, new intake and Magnaflow cat back exhaust.

I don't have my truck, yet, but have been looking to upgrade the intake and exhaust for better fuel economy. I ran across this upgrade accidentally and it seems to be a pretty nice upgrade that gets the big 3. Just wondering if anyone had feedback on it.

Can you imagine getting up to 120 in this big truck?

Old 03-31-2004, 05:01 PM
vtn98,

So far no one has posted in the forum that they've gotten this.

I ordered the custom PCM tune and just now put the re-tuned PCM back in my truck, having received it back from UPS late this afternoon. I am very anxious to drive my truck, but I've got to wait until tomorrow to see how it feels.

I considered ordering the whole Stage 1 package, but decided to purchase the components individually over time so I can get a better feel for what each one adds to the truck's performance.

I'll be posting a review with my initial observations of the new tune after I've had a chance to do some mixed driving tomorrow.

Old 03-31-2004, 05:20 PM
VERY COOL!

Let us know how that turns out for you!!

I am looking at doing that myself....

Old 03-31-2004, 06:18 PM
JohnandDar

I've been following your thread about your PCM. Did you opt to keep the 87 octane fuel or go with the full tune with 93 octane being your fuel of choice? If I got this, i wanted to keep the 87 octane.

Also, from a cost standpoint is the package a better deal? I know a Magnaflow would be about $450 or so and a new intake around $270. If you don't mind my asking, how much was it to get your PCM custom tuned? THe Stage 1 altogether is just under $1100 and includes all shipping, including the overnight delivery of the PCM.

I am definitely interested to see if you see performance gains and better gas mileage from just the PCM tuning. I know you'll at least have fun opening your truck up on some empty stretch to see how fast you can go with no speed governor!!

Old 03-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Mmmmm, Wide Open Throttle with no gov. I want a ride!

Old 03-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by vtn98
JohnandDar

I've been following your thread about your PCM. Did you opt to keep the 87 octane fuel or go with the full tune with 93 octane being your fuel of choice? If I got this, i wanted to keep the 87 octane.

Also, from a cost standpoint is the package a better deal? I know a Magnaflow would be about $450 or so and a new intake around $270. If you don't mind my asking, how much was it to get your PCM custom tuned? THe Stage 1 altogether is just under $1100 and includes all shipping, including the overnight delivery of the PCM.

I am definitely interested to see if you see performance gains and better gas mileage from just the PCM tuning. I know you'll at least have fun opening your truck up on some empty stretch to see how fast you can go with no speed governor!!
vtn98,
I went with the 93 Octane tune. I figure if I'm going to spend $400 on the custom tune, I want to get all the performance gains I can out of it and that requires the higher octane (energy) fuel. When they come out with the CAN flashers, there should be more tuning flexibility to choose your tune based on the octane level you prefer.
I think the package is a slightly better deal than buying the 3 components seperately, but not by a whole lot. Like I said before, I want to see if I feel any difference driving with just the re-tuned PCM and to track at least several tanks of gas before I add anything else. I've got every prior fill up logged, so I'll be able to see if gas mileage improves, but that's obviously not my main priority. I don't expect mileage improvements to offset the increased expense of 93 octane fuel, but if it becomes even more enjoyable to drive, the extra fuel cost is fine for me.
Theres no too many wide open stretches of road around here...I'll have to hop on the Jersey Turnpike to see how fast it will go.

John

Old 03-31-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Sticker Steve
Mmmmm, Wide Open Throttle with no gov. I want a ride!
Yeah, I want to make sure everything runs fine with some mixed driving locally, but then I'll need a decent road trip. Hmmm, where to go....?

John

Quick Reply: Troyer Performance Stage 1 Performance Upgrade