2004 - 2008 F-150

I've Got a 2004 XLT SCREW!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by lariatf150
You should find one with a 5.4L next time when you rent (if possible). I love the highway acceleration. I find I can't keep the pedal down too long when I'm accelerating to pass someone or I'll end up at 90 very quickly. Feels very strong/pulls hard to me.
This truck scares me from that perspective. It's so smooth that I'll look down and see that I'm running 85+ without even realizing it. Talk about a smooth ride with little to no road noise!!! I really like this SCAB thusfar.... minus the seatbelts.

RP

Old 04-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RockPick
Ahh... my luck.

I managed to find a 2004 SCAB XLT at another Enterprise branch... I'll have it for the remainder of the week. I'll post my thoughts and opinions on it as well... because that's just the type of guy that I am... LOL!

First observation...

I hate the seatbelts on the seat. Very cumbersome for a big guy like me. (I agree dzervit! -- The SCREW is a much better design from this standpoint... although, I understand why they did it with the back doors and such...)

RP
The seatbelt issue was hard for me to deal with at first. I guess I just got used to it. I literally have to reach across my body with my right arm, then take my left hand and push my right elbow to be able to reach the dang thing. I almost dislocated my hip the first few times I tried to put it on!

Old 04-06-2004, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I'd have a problem with them if my shoulder wasn't HIGHER than the seatbelt. For me, the belt has to run UP, over my shoulder then down and across to the buckle. I bet there wasn't one engineer over 6'6" on the seat project...

My other beef is with the non-power seats. They are perfectly flat and when I wore my full-length dress coat to work I would slide on the satin inside the coat and constantly have to push myself back upright. A little pitch to the rear would have been nice...

The one thing that did impress me was the comfort of the seats. Each time I got into the truck I thought "My god these seats are hard and uncomfy". Then in a matter of minutes I forgot that and felt great throughout my entire commute. A nice surprise!

Old 04-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As an update...

I still have the 2004 SCAB and have logged a BUNCH of miles thus far. I will post opinions and observations at a later date... three 14.5 hour days in a row pretty much has kicked my butt.

RP

Quick Reply: I've Got a 2004 XLT SCREW!