2004 - 2008 F-150

Anyway to know when Ford fixes known problems on the assembly line?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway to know when Ford fixes known problems on the assembly line?

I'm going to order a F150 but I want to wait as long as possible so that some of the known issues can be corrected at the assembly line. How can I know when they're corrected there?

Also, will they wait to do the corrections on the 2005's or immediately?

Please try not to speculate but if anyone has direct knowledge it would be appreciated. You can also send me a private message if you want to remain anonymous on the main board.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:29 PM
most of these issues have a TSB now with a fix. It's probably safe to assume that the fix is happening on the assembly line as well.

Think of it this way, if Ford knows there is a problem and issues a TSB with a fix, why would they continue to make trucks with the problem knowing they still have to pay a dealer to fix it after assembly?

So things like the rear end vibration will probably not be an issue if you order now and have the truck built over the next couple of weeks.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by J-150
most of these issues have a TSB now with a fix. It's probably safe to assume that the fix is happening on the assembly line as well.

Think of it this way, if Ford knows there is a problem and issues a TSB with a fix, why would they continue to make trucks with the problem knowing they still have to pay a dealer to fix it after assembly?

So things like the rear end vibration will probably not be an issue if you order now and have the truck built over the next couple of weeks.
I hear you, But for example, the vibrations..some have it some don't. I'm sure that the vast majority either don't have them or don't notice they're there. Someone like me would know to look for it. Now is it cheaper for Ford to fix it now on all of them, or just the complaints or just wait until they can't incorporate it in the process for he 2005's?

Old 03-23-2004, 01:17 PM
I suspect the answer to your inquiry could only come from a FoMoCo accountant or the OEM manufacturer of the tranny or rear axle component apparently responsible for one of the vibe issues. I have the vibe-at-1500 rpm-that-goes-away-in-neutral problem, but according to the poll sticky, I'm in a 25 percentile minority. Who knows what Ford plans to do about resolving the vibe in future production?

Old 03-23-2004, 07:12 PM
problems

Known problems are fixed immedietly on the line. We have engineers, suppliers, etc there all the time to get things fixed properly.

Old 03-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Re: problems

Originally posted by screwbuilder
Known problems are fixed immedietly on the line. We have engineers, suppliers, etc there all the time to get things fixed properly.
Anything being done on the line regarding the 40-6- mph vibrations?

Quick Reply: Anyway to know when Ford fixes known problems on the assembly line?