2004 - 2008 F-150

ETC, service engine lights - whats the fix???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My electronic throttle contol light has been on several times and caused the service soon light to illuminate, truck run rough, and fail to go into overdrive. It's now back at the dealer for the second time. The first time they reprogrammed the computer with the latest updates. As far as they know, or are telling me, this is the only fix so far, that the issue is currently "under investigation" with Ford. If there are any techs reading this or people who have had this problem please comment. I need my truck back!!!!

Old 02-02-2004, 05:55 PM
I have had a similar problem, except my truck goes into engine failsafe mode. I have had my truck in once and they said the fix was on the way this week. It was error code p1206...maybe. I am going to call them this week again about it.

Old 02-04-2004, 12:56 PM

I had the exact same problem on my vehicle with under 100 miles on it. I can't remember exactly what chip it was but they had to replace a chip in the vehicle. I had it back in a day.

Mike

Old 02-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Unhappy getting it back - not fixed.....

My dealer called and said to come pick up the truck that at this point they have done everything Ford has told them to do. They said some top Ford techs asked them to preform some tests and send in the data. They are trying to find a fix.

Does anybody know how to find more documentation on the service bulletins? I have found two regarding MIL lights but they really don't say anything but that there may be some vehicles with them coming on.

I would greatly appreciate any help any body could give especially from any techs.

Last edited by WHOZNEXT; 02-06-2004 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: ETC, service engine lights - whats the fix???