2004 - 2008 F-150

Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mud Flaps

I just checked the web site for the Ford mud flaps. It still says that they will not fit with the running boards. Any updates on this subject. Has anyone heard any thing new? I want to order them, but I need to know if and when they will fit. I saw all the past threads on this matter, but it looks like it has not been resolved.

Old 12-24-2003, 07:38 PM
I put on ford mud flaps from dealer look at fordpartsnetwork.com it asks if 2 or 4 wd and if wheel lip molding my supercrew has the factory tube running boaeds & they fit fine

Old 12-25-2003, 11:02 AM
If you have tubular running boards-the factory molded mudflaps fit with no problem.

If you have platform running boards-and use the factory molded mudflaps, you have to cut approximately 1" off the front end of the running board so it will seat properly against the wheel well.
If you have platform running boards, I don't see how Ford can make the mudflaps different to fit your truck properly. They need to move the running boards back 1" or shorten them 1" by the manufacturer. I don't know when this will happen.

If you have platform running boards-if you do a search-John&Dar purchased a set of aftermarket molded mudflaps and they worked with no problems.

Old 12-25-2003, 06:03 PM
The mudguards I purchased that are compatible with the factory black running boards are Husky Liners. If you like molded mudguards, I recommend them. Here is the mud flaps/running boards thread that includes pics:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=139043

Quick Reply: Mud Flaps