2004 - 2008 F-150

Reverse sensing system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverse sensing system?

Was just wondering how this system work. Could someone please explain it to me. Thanks.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:54 AM
Reverse Aid sensor

There are 4 sensors mounted in the rear bumper (little black circles). As you back up, and you get within about 6-8 feet of something the radio volume automatically decreases (if its on) and it starts slowly beeping, as you get closer the beeping speed increases until you get within about 1 foot it is a solid tone. I have it on my '04 Lariat SCrew and I love it.

Old 12-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Another Option??

Another option that I had just installed is a Hitchcam. Its fits into a 2" hitch reciever its a camera with a wide angle lens that see's out your rear end with a small lcd screen installed for upfront viewing.

Works when reversing or has a switch to look out anytime.

Got the best ratings on Consumers mag also. Paid $544 + shipping via ebay, If you need contact info for the supplier let me know I know he had several.

Stephen

2004 f150 fx4

Old 12-10-2003, 09:27 AM
HitchCam questions

Stephen,

I'm curious about the HitchCam and have a bunch of questions for you:
1) Anything negative to report on the product quality, installation, or ease of use?
2) Does it seem like it is built to be durable?
3) What is the warranty term?
4) How did you run the wires?
5) Can you post pics?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Hitchcam

1) Anything negative to report on the product quality, installation, or ease of use? No quality looks great

2) Does it seem like it is built to be durable? Yes

3) What is the warranty term? At least 1 year, why I say that because when called hitchcam direct to ask question I thought they said 2 year.??

4) How did you run the wires? Got an installer to do it , but he ran wires down the drivers side under then under roof liner near side of drivers head lcd screen mounted near rear vision mirror.

Let me say it could been done by most mechanically inclinded person but I was scared of damaging the interior, everything just plugs in. Very simple

5) Can you post pics?

http://www.hitchcam.com/

They have couple of new models coming out ,but I wanted the camera to sit low because of the hgt of the vehicle, and if I ever sell the the truck I can take it with you

Contact info:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=48609&rd=1

Let me say I have nothing to do with this co. other than buying the advertised product.

Old 12-10-2003, 03:25 PM
What do you do with it when you actually need to tow something and want to insert a hitch into the receiver? Does the camera pop out? Is the electrical harness a quick connect?

Old 12-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Hitchcam

Everything just plugs in , Just remove this hitch lock (supplied) camera slides right out, unplug 2 plugs insert trailer could be done in less than 1 min

Old 06-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Do they sell just the license plate camera, no wire, no lcd, and if so how much? I already have a monitor in the dash and the wire running under the truck to the back. On camera was on the hitch fell off

Quick Reply: Reverse sensing system?