2004 - 2008 F-150

Sliding rear window rattle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headliner rattle fix

I have a power moon roof in my 04 and had a rattle in my headliner that the dealer said was common. Of course, they had no fix for it. There are two rubber stoppers glued to the top of the headliner that sit between the headliner and the metal beam that goes accross the inside of the roof. These stoppers are what are causing the headliner rattle. They seem to bounce when going over bumps. I fixed it by removing the headlamp and reaching through the hole and pulling them out. They are glued to the headliner and remove easily by hand. For all of you having headliner rattles. This fixed it for good! No more issues. Now.....somebody please tell me what the hell is rattling in my back seat. I was sure it was the window, but it still does it when you put pressure on it by hand (with someone in the back seat while going down the road). I don't see what could be behind the seat that would rattle. It stopped temporarily after it rained the other night. Weird huh?!

Old 02-08-2005, 10:48 PM
I had a rattle that came from the back of my truck as well. What I found out, is that I had to shut the rear driver side door a little harder, then just the normal little shuv to close the door. This stopped the vibration, and if I don't give it a good shut, it does. Once the door is closed properly the rattle is gone. Thats just my experience, good luck.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:20 AM
Mine has been in the dealer shop 3 times for the rattle, most recently, with a copy of the TSB with instructions and pictures of how to fix it. The first 2 times they said they didn't hear it. The last time they said that it was from my toolbox shaking because of my big tires. B.S. Now my bumper to bumper warranty has expired so I guess im stuck with it. It's unfortunate because it's the single worst thing about a great truck. If the temps and humidity is right, the thing sounds like a bucket of bolts. Oh well.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:20 PM
I know this is an old post, but my 08 rear power window started rattling last week. The temp has started to drop off a little outside along with the humidity, not sure if its related or not. Anyone with a newer truck experiencing this. Thought it would be fixed by now.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:16 PM
this totally sucks, my power rear window does the same stupid rattle, my truck is a 2005 fx4, but my dads is a 2004 fx4 with the solid, heated back glass and he has no noises or rattles at all. Actually recently he was riding in my truck and was like "whats that rattle". I havent read thru all of these pages yet but has someone found a way to stop the rattle?

Old 07-12-2014, 02:43 PM
2004 FX4 SCrew, owned since new, I also have the rattle/squeak. Opening & closing the window sometimes helps slightly. I had it at the dealer under bumper-bumper warranty and they put some type of sealant or caulk around it, presumably under the rubber seal. That helped long enough for the warranty to run out. I suspect it's caused by the entire window assembly rattling in the frame. Others on here have said the noise goes away or at least improves with higher humidity, and I also notice it more in the dry, winter air. I mostly drive interstate now, and it usually only makes noise on rougher roads. I'll just put up with it until I replace the truck in 8-10 years.

Quick Reply: Sliding rear window rattle?