2004 - 2008 F-150

Screw rear door alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screw rear door alignment issues

I have an 04 Screw FX4 with less than 200 miles on it. I have noticed that the rear doors are "sagged" at the rear by @3/16"
from the bottom rear sill of the door jam. Both doors misaligned the same amount. No wind noise or difficulty closing the doors. I have looked at two other Screw on the lot and while their doors were not perfect they looked better than mine. I have two tone white/dark sil gry paint and the fact that the parting line is off in the rear makes me really notice it. Willl be taking it to the dealer for adjustment. Anybody else with this problem??

Old 11-26-2003, 12:18 AM
I saw another post with the same exact problem. Try searching for it. If I remember right, somebody said this was pretty typical. If it's way off though I would have it looked at.

Old 11-26-2003, 04:16 AM
Unhappy alignment issues

When you stand behind my truck and site down the side, the bed is sitting off center about 3/8 of an inch to the left. I was thinking of loosening the bed and sliding it over to center it... however I'm a bit conserned about getting things loosened up..... can it mess up anything? this may be a case of "If it works don't fix it" GG

Old 11-26-2003, 10:43 AM
I had this bed alignment problem with a Nissan truck a few years ago. New. Took it back to the dealer, they took it in and brought it back out saying they'd loosened the fasteners and moved it as far as it would go. I couldn't tell any difference at all from before I took it in. Not saying this has anything to do with the 150, but you DO see quite a few trucks (rarely Fords) driving around with ****eyed beds. It drives me nuts. Ever since that Nissan, one of the first things I look at on a new truck is the bed alignment.

Quick Reply: Screw rear door alignment issues