2004 - 2008 F-150

Dual Zone EATC???

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual Zone EATC???

Take a look at the photo in my album. Notice the F & R designations on the EATC display. Were they originally going with a dual-zone (Front/Rear) climate control system? Thinking maybe so since the 04' Eddie Bauer Expy now has this (DEATC) although it's split for Driver/Passenger.

Also, for those of us with heated seats, the F/C and EXT Temp buttons get displaced with the A/C and Re-circulate buttons in order to accommodate the seat heat buttons. Any reason they couldn't have thrown the F/C button in the middle area? It appears a third button could easily go there. That way passengers could see the outside temp without crawling in my lap to read the infamous "Message Center" display.

Finally, anyone else have difficulty seeing the Auto and Defrost indicators in the daylight? WHY couldn't they put those in the display area with all the other symbols???

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3470

Old 11-23-2003, 08:21 AM
That's not your dash in that picture is it?

Old 11-23-2003, 10:52 PM
Hey bigsherm,

No, it's not my actual dash, although I do have the Lariat Screw. The photo is from the fall 2003 edition of a magazine my stepdad gets called "my Ford." Not sure why I don't get it since we buy from the same dealership. Any thoughts my dual-zone thinkings?

Old 11-29-2003, 08:43 PM
I can only guess the same as you, it was planned and probably dropped to save a little cash. Not a big deal to me, I've never actually used a dual climate system but I cant believe that they work that great.

Old 12-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Any other thoughts on this? According to this post by Power Kid from October of '02, it looks as though this was supposed to be available.

Originally posted by Power Kid
Here we are. highlights from Vegas:

-Two models: Supercab Lariat, XL Sport and two "cabs" featuring the interior.
-Lariat had console shift
-Lariat console/interior reminds him of Navigator in many ways.
-Many new options dual zone climate control etc...
-Lariat had egg crate grill although subject to change.
-XL had grill @ Superduty/Sport Trac. (proabbly like pic on invite)
-Intereior reported to be "awesome"
-5.4L 3V with 305 or 310 Hp.
-New transmisions.
-Exterior looks: Decribed as follows: "Tough, looks like a Ford, Trucklike", Overall incredible lines. Will blow you away!
-No pics. Reported to be surrounded by armed Vegas police.
-The insiders at Ford reported that as good as it looks and as good as the intereior design is, its the ride/suspension that will really blow away the competition. Plus the new transmission will set new standards for pickups. (read Pickuptruck.com review on new 6.0L Powerstroke and new Torqshift tranny for an idea of whats in store)
-No word on "4 door" reg cab, or size of Supercrew. Obviously the Supercab lives on as they had one there. Hard to determine how much it grew in size as the cab was a cutaway cab.
-No word on wheel size etc...

Basically the fellow I spoke to said this truck makes the 2003 look like a peice of crap. Strong words.

Last edited by biggdog; 12-07-2003 at 12:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Dual Zone EATC???