2004 - 2008 F-150

What to Look For?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to Look For?

All this talk of paint chipping, paint defects and paint scratches has me thinking.

What else, besides paint problems, do you have to make sure to find before taking delivery? IOW, what types of problems if found a few days or weeks later would they not cover?

I'm getting a little nervous about picking up my truck Monday night. My eyes are not the greatest and there is an aweful lot of truck to look at. Seems easy to miss something.

I would normally take my wife along for that extra set of eyes but she has to work Monday and Tuesday night.

I looked at it today outside the dealers and it looked ok but it was a little overwheming.

Old 11-22-2003, 03:08 PM
well I guess i`m one of the lucky ones no paint blemishes
no engine noise i have several large diesel engines and i know what they sound like this is a very normal sounding Gasoline engine .
no steering problems no shake or shutter when starting off the .
engine is very responsive no hesitation ...

but if u have the lariat or what ever other model comes with the fender Flares just check under the wheel well for missing caps or little plastic plugs i had one of those missing whether it fell off after delivery i don`t know but is just a little things to watch for.

Oh and remember the neighbours start to talk if u spend like 3 hours at a time just sitting in your new truck while its in the driveway Little do they know we have serious Radio and power seat adjustments that need to be done ...
anyways thats my story and i`m sticking to it .

enjoy your new ride ...

Old 11-22-2003, 09:11 PM
HEHE Nice Zacky... I was caught doing just that the other night. Except I think I woke the old man up next door, I guess AC/DC wasn't his style. LOL