2004 - 2008 F-150

X-plan program?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question X-plan program?

First off, great web site, there is a lot of useful information here. I have always been a GM man, but will be jumping ship because of the looks of the new GM products and I love the new F150 inside and out. I am eligible for the X-plan discount and have a question concerning trade-in's. According to Ford's web site, I can trade in a vehicle in combination with the X-plan program. However, it says trade-in allowances are not covered. What does that mean? Can I not put the money from my trade-in down towards the purchase of a new F150?

Thanks for the help,

Mark

Old 11-21-2003, 01:47 PM
Wink

Of course you can apply the trade-in amount toward the purshase price,BUT you only get want the dealer will allow. Every dealer is different. I also had the X plan,BUT the dealer I went with didn't use it so I used the AQHA $500. rebate and was money ahead. You can NOT use X plan and AQHA rebate. Most dealers will sell at X plan price or below outright anyway so the trade-in allowance is the big issue. Good Luck!! JTFORD

Old 11-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the information. What exactly is the AQHA?

Mark

Old 11-21-2003, 02:48 PM
American Quarter Horse Association You can join on the internet. You must be a member for 30 Days before you buy the truck. Cost is $30.00 per year and you get 6 free nice magizines.

Old 11-21-2003, 03:08 PM
I had gotten an X-Plan number before I negotiated my deal but never mentioned it to the dealer since they gave me a very good deal with out it - ($500.00 under invoice). Well, the truck I ordered just came in and my salesguy asked me for my X-Plan number. Not a big deal since I had one but we never talked about it. The corporation I work for is well known around here so they might of assumed it. I gave it to them today and pick my truck up Minday night.

If you can get an X-Plan number it could never hurt.

Quick Reply: X-plan program?