2004 - 2008 F-150

Problems I've noticed from my Lariat...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems I've noticed from my Lariat...

After about 2800 miles on my 4x2 Lariat, here are the issues I'm planning to raise concern with... when I take it in for my free oil change.

1. Very slight pull to the right. (rebalance wheels or alignment ?)
2. Slight vibration or shimmy in the steering wheel when applying the brakes, and occasionally noticeable under normal driving (rebalance or alignment ?).
3. Outside temperature display is incorrect. (PCM needs to be reprogrammed to the latest level, using WDS B27.10 or higher).
4. There is play (slip) in the drivers power seat. You can feel it slip back a bit when taking off from a stop.
5. Vibration in the rear end when accelerating from a start or in a turn. It’s usually noticeable in the morning, after sitting for a long period of time. (Limited Slip ? Tires?)
6. Audiophile unit seems to display text very slowly.
7. Vibration or rattle in the driver’s side door when closing.

That's all I've noticed, thus far, but always have me eyes and ears on.... good buddy

Old 11-21-2003, 12:00 PM
I had the driver's seat play also but raised the seat a bit and it fixed it. Previously had the seat elevation bottomed out.(6'4'' driver)

Old 11-21-2003, 12:47 PM
wingn8ive, the only things I've found in my Lariat that are on your list are the temp reading incorrectly and the audiophile displaying test slowly. sometimes mine displays gibberish text. i don't know if that is from the radio stations or if the unit is messed up. i've never had a radio system with the text that appears from certain radio stations so I don't know what's normal. so far i think it is pretty useless if this is the way it is going to be.

i will have my outside temp reprogrammed next time i have to go to the dealer.

Old 11-21-2003, 01:46 PM
The only think I've had on your list is the slight pull to the right. However, I think it's because of the roads I'm traveling on. Also, I re-checked my tire pressure and made them all the same (35psi). They were all slightly different from each other.

Old 11-21-2003, 02:58 PM
WINGN8IVE , I have an identical truck to yours, except mine is black , now have 3100 miles. problems you mentioned that I also have , #2 , had #3 , it has been fixed with computer reflash , also #4 , I usually drive with seat all the way on bottom.

Old 11-21-2003, 04:20 PM
My only complaint so far is the tilt lever is gashing the trim right under the steering wheel. Anyone having this problem?

Old 11-21-2003, 09:45 PM
My FX4 has the rearend shuddering in the morning. I'm meeting a Ford Rep next week. I've also had the power seat slip, but it's livable. Have some vibration from the tires and the bed shaking at different speeds. Other than that, great truck.

Trending Topics

Old 11-21-2003, 11:36 PM
I've noticed my outside Temp Display is all whacked out too. Sometimes it's close, other times not at all. If they're going to put gismo's in these things, they need to work !

Old 11-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Truck has done 600 miles and has these two problems

4. There is play (slip) in the drivers power seat. You can feel it slip back a bit when taking off from a stop.

7. Vibration or rattle in the driver’s side door when closing.

Seat problem will be fixed this week when the bed liner is sprayed in and minor paint blemish is fixed. Salesmans seemd to know about the seat problem. The rattle in the door maybe the speaker cover, that is also loose and will be fixed as well. Other than that the truck is great

Richard.

Old 12-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Well, I'll be taking my truck in tomorrow for the 1st oil change (3k miles). I'll be including the list above for the techs to check out and see what's happening... I'll post the findings.

Old 12-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Re: Problems I've noticed from my Lariat...

Originally posted by wingn8ive
6. Audiophile unit seems to display text very slowly.

I have a 01 XLT sport. It has the radio that displays stations call signs or what ever they decide to broadcast for “text”.

I don’t think it is your system as much as it is the location you may be from any towers broadcasting the “text”.

I find in some areas the “text” displays fine and other areas it takes forever to change. For example the station I listen to broadcast the following text in the breaks below:

WHEB
Greg and
The
Morning
Buzz

Sometimes each of those lines flow quickly like a line for 2 – 3 seconds. Other times a line may stay for 15 seconds or longer, as if it is stuck. This happens in the areas further out from the city.

See what happens when you’re close to an open area, clear of hills etc and see how the “text” flows. If it seems to flow slower when your “way out” somewhere I feel confident it is based on your location to the station towers…

Old 12-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Normally, I guess I could buy that... but the text seems to work great with our '02 Expy.... same location.

Old 12-01-2003, 08:50 PM
My '04 has a nasty vibration when applying the brakes at speeds over about 55mph. Below those speeds it's not noticeable, so I don't know if the rotors are warped or if it's a tire out of balance. I'll have it checked shortly.

Quick Reply: Problems I've noticed from my Lariat...