2004 - 2008 F-150

Tell me my rear seat is not vinyl when it is suppose to be leather!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell me my rear seat is not vinyl when it is suppose to be leather!!!!

I just read a post were some one said that the rear seat in the 04 Lariat screw is vinyl and not leather. Any one heard of this before or know it to be true or false? I will be checking it out on mine as soon as I can get out to my truck!!!! Never thought to look for some thing like this.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:24 AM
They're not vinyl, their premium vinyl

Old 11-17-2003, 11:54 AM
I just read the old thread on the subject. I'm pissed!!!!! I guess I should of read up on this before I got it and not assumed it was all leather like every one else does that does not read this site. Not that it would have mattered, still love my truck. It's just the fact that after having it for 2 months now and just finding out about this makes me mad as hell!!! Just think of all the people out there that still think they have all leather seats front and rear.
Well, just looked at my sticker (from the window) that I kept. There it is "Leather trimmed caption seats". Nothing about the rear seats. Does this mean that my front seats are half vinyl too!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2003, 12:00 PM
yep... just the seating areas are leather in the front and rear. However, this is like GM and Dodge.

Screwdriver

Old 11-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks, I still think that sucks!!!! Just a way to cut cost. We pay to much for these trucks to not have all leather!!!!! I would say 95% of all owners think they have all leather like I did. If not for this site I would have continued to for ever.

Old 11-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Dupuis
I would say 95% of all owners think they have all leather like I did. If not for this site I would have continued to for ever.
I guess 95% of the people should read the fine print in the books and do some research, like the other 5%. How can you buy a vehicle these days without doing any research on what you plan on buying? All the information is out there.

You didn't know anyway. Do you love the truck less now because you know it is vinyl? It's the same seat you loved last week. Besides it would have cost you even more if it was leather.

Old 11-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Love it the same, just pissed at myself for not knowing or finding out.

Trending Topics

Old 11-17-2003, 12:28 PM
As Long as My Vizsla's Claws don't go through the Vinyl, I could care less but muddy paw prints on the seats of a Brand new truck is enough to say "Free to a good home"

Old 11-17-2003, 06:15 PM
They are not leather, they are
pleather(plastic + leather).

Old 11-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Unhappy NOT LEATHER????

This is why I purchased mine with every available option and decided to have AFTERMARKET leather installed. I know without question this company will have all leather! They will even two-tone it for me with different colored stitching. They are going to place the "FX4" embroider into the rear of the seatbacks as well.

It's to bad that they don't tell you how much is leather and how much is not when you look at the truck.

Still, they are AWESOME trucks!!!!

Old 11-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Re: NOT LEATHER????

Originally posted by YellowFX4SCrew
This is why I purchased mine with every available option and decided to have AFTERMARKET leather installed. I know without question this company will have all leather! They will even two-tone it for me with different colored stitching. They are going to place the "FX4" embroider into the rear of the seatbacks as well.

It's to bad that they don't tell you how much is leather and how much is not when you look at the truck.

Still, they are AWESOME trucks!!!!
Who's doing your Leather? Are you having Heated Seats added while they have the original seat covers off?

I'm doin the leather in Black with Yellow Centers and also adding the Heated Seats. I'm just waitiing for a manufacturer to come out with the customer leathers for this truck.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Who's doing your Leather? Are you having Heated Seats added while they have the origi

Classic Soft Trim in Mlps, MN.

They don't have the pattern yet for the Bucket Seats. Just for the 40/20/40 split.

I already have heated seats in the vehicle. Look in my pics. The switches are right above the shifter.

I believe they romove the cloth and then place the leather on. Leather will be all the way, that includes the backs and underside of the seats.

Black outside, Canary Yellow inserts, Canary Yellow stitching and Canary yellow pads on the doors where the leather/vinal peace is right now.

Last edited by YellowFX4SCrew; 11-17-2003 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:07 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by kawman62
They are not leather, they are
pleather(plastic + leather).
Just like nearly every other large auto manufacturer in the world, ONLY THE SEATING SURFACES ARE LEATHER... the sides and such are vinyl.

Yes, they are leather.

Think about it guys, don't you think there would be a massive push on law suits or incidents filed with the better business bureau over and over and over and over about truth in advertising? You can't sell something as 'leather' if it's 'vinyl'.

The only 'full leather seat' that has ever been sold by Ford in recent years is the King Ranch. Every surface on every seat (that's Castano Brown) is leather.

It's a trick that GM, Toyota, Honda, Ford, and just about every other auto maker in the world uses... leather where your butt or back may touch and pleather elsewhere.

Very simple.

RP

Old 11-18-2003, 09:53 AM
Hey for you guys doing the custom leather....give or take how much are you going to spend for that? Sounds expensive?

Old 11-18-2003, 10:33 AM
You can bet that the auto makers covered them self’s on this one in terms of the law, but if you ask the question to 10 people with leather seats, no matter who the maker is, 9 will think they have full leather. This may be why there is not a big push or loads of law suites. What you don't know can't hurt you right. I think a lot of dealers just go with this kind of thinking. I know you can research it and find out before you buy, but most people are told by their sales people “the truck or car has fine leather sitting”, not that “it has a little leather and the rest is fine vinyl”. I think every one here can agree with that. But in the end, (which I now know is the only thing touching leather, Ha! Ha!) it’s up to us to know what we are buying and very carefully read the window sticker to catch words like “trimmed leather” and don't solely rely on what your told by your sales person. Most probably don't realize this them self’s. May be I’m not as smart as most, but I took “trimmed leather seats” on the window sticker to mean that the seats were entirely trimmed in leather.

And yes I still do love my truck!!!

Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Tell me my rear seat is not vinyl when it is suppose to be leather!!!!