2004 - 2008 F-150

Physically build my own '04 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Physically build my own '04 F-150

Well, by the end of this week I should have enough replaced parts to build my own F-150. And they're all little nuisance things.

First there was the power seat fuse.

Second, there was the new antenna, because the Line-X guy forgot to put it back on and it fell in the road and got run over about 40 times.

And now, there will be a new side-view mirror, because when I took 'er to the dealer today to get some pre-arranged body clean-up done, one of the service drivers decided to squeeze an F-350 next to mine inside the garage and clipped my mirror. Amazing. At least it was already going in there for body work.

I still love the truck! She rides better than a car. After this week, I shouldn't have to see the dealer until my first oil change.

Old 11-17-2003, 10:49 AM
tcf
Be sure to check the oil level once you get home. Sometimes they forget to replace the oil.

Old 11-17-2003, 12:21 PM
I had a bad dream last night that I cut in front of someone approaching a light to have "pole position" and smashed up my week old ride.

My dreams have felt all to real recently, it made me sick.
LOL

Old 11-17-2003, 12:24 PM
I've had those dreams. They usually consisted of me totaling my truck in an unconventional fashion. And always having the dream end with my truck upside down.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Hey GUIGSTER...can you build me one? Im still waiting.

Sorry to hear about your problems but im glad to hear your enjoying the truck anyway. Hows the line-x holding up?

Old 11-18-2003, 01:48 AM
My new F150 is still on order so haven't seen where the antenna is...but whats the Line-X guy removing your antenna for?
I'll definitely change the oil myself. I'm no professional, but at least get the filter on tight enough without leaking, put the plug seal washer back on, manage to put oil in without getting it all over my engine and fill without going past the add mark. Not that difficult really, but seems hard to find someone to get it right. And I've never broken a mirror off in the process.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Brewdude, the Line-X is holding up great. I hauled my first item in it last Thursday. I bought some seats from Veterans Stadium, before they blow it up. The seats didn't move a centimeter on the ride home. Though, the workers who put them in the back, did slide them and take a small chip of paint off the chairs.

zzedrider, they removed the antenna for when they protected the rest of the truck before spraying the liner on. I was puzzled too, but I guess it's easier to put the plastic up w/ out the antenna poking up.

Quick Reply: Physically build my own '04 F-150